Airbus A380 in Arizona

Old November 24th 06, 07:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Reef Fish

Default Airbus A380 in Arizona

Tchiowa wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
Thomas Borchert wrote:
Reef,

Tchiowa cleverly snipped

Son, no offense meant, but you're making a complete idiot out of
yourself in this thread.

You made a wrong statement (namely that all large Airbus parts are
produced in France).

Why don't you CITE that alleged statement of mine?

Here it is:

Someone posted:

"Any idea what this could have been? I thought all the big parts of
the 380 were being manufactured in Europe and Great Britain."

And you said: "In France."

Wrong. Now here are the facts:

Another clever snip by Tchiowa?

This was my ENTIRE POST:

RF In France.

RF An Airbus A380 had a test flight (with a crew of 78) that landed in

RF Kowloon (Hong Kong) HKG yesterday. It was front page news
RF here in Hong Kong. :=)

I was at the 59th floor lounge of the Hong Kong Conrad having a
little evening hors d'oeuvres when i responded to the post about
Airbus A380 in Arizona. I merely recalled what I read.

Fifteen minutes later, I saw a copy of the newspaper at the lounge,
and I added, with actual quotes from the NEWS.

RF It was front page headline "RUNWAY MONSTER World's biggest
RF passenger jet lands at Chek Lap Kok" but page 3 news in Sunday
RF Morning Post (South China publication).

RF "The aircraft - the third unit to roll off the production line in
RF Toulouse, France -- flew to Hong Kong on a stringent flight
RF testing routing that will see five of the planes circle the world
RF three times in 18 days before the A380's expected certification f
RF or commercial use next month."

That was when Borchert inserted his first piece of irrelevance,
two hours after my quotes above:

TB No. In Europe (Hamburg, Germany, for example).
--
TB Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

to which I responded:

RF What was YOUR source. about Hamburg?

RF It's unlikely to be in production in only one country. i know
RF of THAT one. The newspaper also reported that the
RF manufacturer is not expecting to "break even" until 420
RF of these GIANTS are completed.

The 3 posts of mine (cited above) were posts #5, #6, and #8,
with Thomas Borcerts post being #7, in the Google thread.

The NOISE makers, including the well-known Tchiowa who
had repeatedly made blunders in this group, came in much later.

I had said I couldn't care LESS which country manufactured
the parts, and even cited Iraq and Iran -- I was merely reporting
what I READ in the newspaper that day, while I was at the
city where the A380 landed, while the rest were speculating
about its presence in Arizona.

By now, 6 days later, even Tchiowa could find enough tidbits
from his spare time away from soc.culture.thai to make some
more noise by more creative snipping. :-)

Get a LIFE, all of you. I have already come back from Hong
Kong to the USA, had my first Thanksgiving dinner with
family members today, 300 miles from home, and will be
having a second after-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner
tomorrow, while I am browsing through some of this garbage
in a hotel. :-)

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old November 24th 06, 08:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Reef Fish

Mike Hunt wrote:
Thomas Borchert wrote:
Reef,

Tchiowa cleverly snipped

Son, no offense meant, but you're making a complete idiot out of
yourself in this thread.

Why is it that people will use "no offense meant" or "no offense
intended" right before offending someone?

Thanks Mike, for making your succinct and perceptive comment!

The answer is: This is USENET newsgroup, and the groups
that attract the most posters of that kind are the rec. groups.

rec.travel.air is notorious for its many "professional trolls" as
well as the clueless posters like Tchiowa and Thomas Borchert.

It's deja vu all over again, since I've been reading and posting
in newsgroups for nearly 20 years. Tchiowa will not survive
long -- he is battling EVERYONE in this group (from what I
could see from just reading three consecutive posts the last
time), and he is what's known in the trade as a "clueless newbie",
drifted here from soc.culture.thai where he learned to insult
people who did not know how to bite him back, and club him
hard enough. :-)

As for Borchert, he is just another "clueless newbie" in this
group, having come from de.rec.luftfahrt where as Tchiowa
came from soc.culture.thai.

That's why all Borchert knew was Hamburg, Germany when
the A380 parts and planes were made all over the world.

These are the TYPICAL "clueless newbies". Then there are
the well-known OLDIES in rec.travel.air. I am sure you've
seen several of those, constantly reminded by others. :-)

In fact, one of the best-known trolls, "Nobody" (one of his
over 100 aliases) was in this thread, but in good behavior,
compared to those two clueless newbies.

-- Reef Fish Bob.

Old November 24th 06, 08:27 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Tchiowa

Reef Fish wrote:
Tchiowa wrote:
Reef Fish wrote:
Thomas Borchert wrote:
Reef,

Tchiowa cleverly snipped

Son, no offense meant, but you're making a complete idiot out of
yourself in this thread.

You made a wrong statement (namely that all large Airbus parts are
produced in France).

Why don't you CITE that alleged statement of mine?

Here it is:

Someone posted:

"Any idea what this could have been? I thought all the big parts of
the 380 were being manufactured in Europe and Great Britain."

And you said: "In France."

Wrong. Now here are the facts:

Another clever snip by Tchiowa?

This was my ENTIRE POST:

Your entire post is irrelevant. You disputed a specific statement.
Whether the rest of your post made any sense of not doesn't change the
fact that you disputed that statement AND YOU WERE WRONG!!!

Get over it, "Bob".

Old November 24th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Thomas Borchert

Tchiowa,

Don't bother, he's beyond hope. I didn't know they had internet
terminals in mental institutions now...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 24th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Thomas Borchert

Mike,

Why is it that people will use "no offense meant" or "no offense
intended" right before offending someone?

Because I didn't mean to offend. I meant to state a fact. Also, because
I didn't want to adopt the tone of the person I was answering to. If
you want offense, have a look at his posts.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 24th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Reef Fish

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Tchiowa,

Don't bother, he's beyond hope. I didn't know they had internet
terminals in mental institutions now...

LOL! EDDH (internet acronym): Emotionally Disturbed Dick Head.

You mean they DIDN't have internet terminals in the German
mental institution when you were there?

Must be gettting too crowded in the German mental institutions
to have to release Thomas Borchert to pollute the newsgroups
while flashing his EDDH badge. BG

Guten morgen, herr Dick Head!

Or is it Dick Kopf?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old December 6th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Ad absurdum per aspera

I suspect that what he saw was a combination of wry humor and a chunk of the
fuselage of one of those a/c specially rebuilt to haul "Wide Loads" on its
way from the boneyard to scrap, Tucson being the site of the US's largest
boneyard. There's one model built on the "chassis" of the old Boeing
Stratocruiser/C-97 which has an enormous diameter.

Those "Pregnant Guppy" type of planes have been around a while,
actually. The need originated with the space program, which had to
transport bulky (up to 20 foot diam.), albeit not proportionately
heavy, objects without either the delays of sea cargo or the need to
close roads and find a way around every low bridge and power line
between the manufacturers' sites and vehicle assembly -- especially
problematic in when the Interstate highway system was still young and
partial.

Boeing recently turned a used 747 into a "Large Cargo Freighter" that
they say is for in-house use to transport fuselage sections, as well as
wings, for the 787.
(http://www.boeing.com/news/frontiers.../ts_sf05.html).
The Airbus equivalent is nicknamed the "Beluga" for instantly obvious
reasons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_Beluga)

I don't know whether either of them would be quite up to A380 fuselage
sections, nor whether that would even be needed. They use specialized
ships and barges for the big parts, except some or all of the
empennage, which goes via Beluga, I think. Getting A380 pieces to
look like an airplane involves dizzying logistics and a lot of modes
and miles of surface transport. Probing around on
http://www.airbus.com/en/ gives an idea (hopefully there's a non-Flash,
low-graphics version for those who don't have broadband).

Cheers,
--Joe "Oversize load" Chew

Old December 6th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Hatunen

On 5 Dec 2006 16:14:36 -0800, "Ad absurdum per aspera"
wrote:

I suspect that what he saw was a combination of wry humor and a chunk of the
fuselage of one of those a/c specially rebuilt to haul "Wide Loads" on its
way from the boneyard to scrap, Tucson being the site of the US's largest
boneyard. There's one model built on the "chassis" of the old Boeing
Stratocruiser/C-97 which has an enormous diameter.

Those "Pregnant Guppy" type of planes have been around a while,
actually. The need originated with the space program, which had to
transport bulky (up to 20 foot diam.), albeit not proportionately
heavy, objects without either the delays of sea cargo or the need to
close roads and find a way around every low bridge and power line
between the manufacturers' sites and vehicle assembly -- especially
problematic in when the Interstate highway system was still young and
partial.

There's a Super Guppy on static display at the Pima Air and Space
Museum here in Tucson off I-10 on the south edge of Davis-Monthan
Air Force Base and the "Boneyard",
http://www.sarimage.com/Aviation/DavisMonthan/ .

It's grotesquely monstrous.

Old December 7th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Ad absurdum per aspera

There's a Super Guppy on static display at the Pima Air and Space
Museum here in Tucson off I-10 on the south edge of Davis-Monthan
Air Force Base and the "Boneyard",
http://www.sarimage.com/Aviation/DavisMonthan/ .

It's grotesquely monstrous.

Yes, that was more or less my first thought upon seeing one at El Paso
years ago. There is something just *wrong* about it, less reminscent
of the sleekness of an airplane or even an airship than... I dunno; an
engorged aluminum tick. A giant-brained alien from the cover of an old
sci-fi paperback. Some deep-sea creature that was brought to the
surface too fast. You don't even expect it to be unloaded through
a cargo door so much as split open and spawn its cargo. Yet I
couldn't take my eyes off it -- just stood there recalibrating my
assumptions of what can and can't fly; not just in terms of the shape
but what those seemingly tiny wings and engines might accomplish.
Fascinating in a surreal sort of way.

--Joe

Old December 7th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
David Lesher

"Ad absurdum per aspera" writes:

I suspect that what he saw was a combination of wry humor and a chunk of the
fuselage of one of those a/c specially rebuilt to haul "Wide Loads" on its
way from the boneyard to scrap, Tucson being the site of the US's largest
boneyard. There's one model built on the "chassis" of the old Boeing
Stratocruiser/C-97 which has an enormous diameter.

Those "Pregnant Guppy" type of planes have been around a while,
actually. The need originated with the space program, which had to
transport bulky (up to 20 foot diam.), albeit not proportionately
heavy, objects without either the delays of sea cargo or the need to
close roads and find a way around every low bridge and power line
between the manufacturers' sites and vehicle assembly -- especially
problematic in when the Interstate highway system was still young and
partial.

How are the airlines moving spare 767/777 style engines around?

In the 707 era, UAL at least had a 707/DC8 with a 3rd pylon to
carry the inbound for repair or outbound for installation engine,
esp. to Hawaii...

--
A host is a host from coast to