Req pics of CAC Boomerang A46 - 90

Old August 13th 04, 09:20 AM
Dave Kearton

Default Req pics of CAC Boomerang A46 - 90

Hello All

(my wife) heard on the radio this morning a local in South Australia has
acquired a CAC Boomerang for restoraton and would like a pic of it in
wartime colours - including squadron codes.

If anyone has a photo or unit details, could they post it on a.b.p.a.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old August 14th 04, 01:43 AM
Chris Jamesson

Its better to ring RAAF Historical (Janet Beck) in Canberra and request a
history sheet and ask about squadron code, THEN, ring RAAF MUSEUM library
(Monica Walsh)and see if they have a photo of that particular aircraft.
Thats what I had to do with my couple I have here.

Cheers,
Chris

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
message ...

Old August 14th 04, 02:03 AM
Dave Kearton

"Chris Jamesson" flyboyATiprimus.com.au wrote in message
| Its better to ring RAAF Historical (Janet Beck) in Canberra and request a
| history sheet and ask about squadron code, THEN, ring RAAF MUSEUM library
| (Monica Walsh)and see if they have a photo of that particular aircraft.
| Thats what I had to do with my couple I have here.
|
| Cheers,
| Chris

Excellent advice, thanks Chris

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old August 14th 04, 07:41 AM
StealthZ

Hi Dave,

Chris's advice is good but some basic info might be found at

http://www.adf-serials.com/2a46.shtml

Regards

--
Chris (StealthZ)

www.pbase.com/chrisg/wings_things
www.pbase.com/chrisg

"Dave Kearton" wrote in
message ...

Old August 14th 04, 07:54 AM
Dave Kearton

"StealthZ" wrote in message
| Hi Dave,
|
| Chris's advice is good but some basic info might be found at
|
| http://www.adf-serials.com/2a46.shtml
|
| Regards
|

| --
| Chris (StealthZ)

Thanks Chris, been there, got the T-shirt, read the book and seen the
movie.

The site only has the squadron that the plane was posted to (and hence the
codes) however the individual letter and paint scheme, still eludes us.

--

Thanks and cheers

Dave Kearton

Old October 21st 12, 03:58 AM
Ian B Ian B is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Here is some pics of Boomerang ca12 A46-90 @ facebook link-
-http://www.facebook.com/BoomerangCa12A4690
resto guy.
cheers, Ian B.

(my wife) heard on the radio this morning a local in South Australia has
acquired a CAC Boomerang for restoraton and would like a pic of it in
wartime colours - including squadron codes.

If anyone has a photo or unit details, could they post it on a.b.p.a.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton[/quote]