Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

Old December 23rd 06, 09:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger[_4_]

Default Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:22:15 -0500, john smith wrote:

"Liability Release signed by purchaser AND spouse is mandatory, no sign,
no sale."

That still won't keep you out of court.

It wouldn'tslow my heirs down a split second.
and in many states the courts won't let you sign your rights away.
And in any case they don't protect the builder from mistakes, or
workmanship.

Although I've heard the BD5J at the only airplane flown that was more
dangerous on take off than landing I'd still like to fly one.

Deaf2u wrote:

http://www.global-air.com/global/g05229.htm

Could it be?? You'd think he'd at least fly it once. Or watch it fly. What's
the story here Juan?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old December 23rd 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mark Hickey

"Juan Jimenez" wrote:

"Deaf2u" wrote
Well once again, disregarding the apparently intense battle\hatred DABEAR
has for Juan I still find it curious. He's owned this plane, taken pride
and made some fairly loud noises about owning it. He has a website about
it and has been all about this plane for a while and yet has no desire to
see it fulfill it's mission. I have no interest in it, I'm more interested
in slow planes with floats but I am curious.

The ad says he now wants a motorglider, now that's a far way from a little
jet.

Your basic premise is incorrect. Everything else you conclude from there is
also wrong.

Funny thing - you can always tell when Yawn's replying to a factual
post... like above, he can't take exception to the facts so he just
tosses out an insult or an off-hand comment. It's a rare occasion
that he actually even tries to counter with any "facts" (I use this
word as a relative term, of course). Ipso facto, he's normally got no
defense at all for his position.

Mark "facts rule, fools drool" Hickey

Old December 23rd 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
gorgon

I think this will settle the smallest jet conundrum.

http://www.jet-man.com/actuel_eng.html

Old December 23rd 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .

"Al G" wrote in message
Too bad there is no way to notify Guiness, online. The only contact I
could find was snail mail.

Al, sonny, Marco knows it had not flown when the record application was
submitted.

Next!

Ok, no big deal. I was just surprised that Guinness would accept as a
"Airplane" world record, something that does not fly. My bad. I am learning.
How are the sales going?

Al G

Old December 24th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Deaf2u" wrote in message

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .

Your basic premise is incorrect. Everything else you conclude from there
is also wrong.

I don't have any premise, and I'm not making any conclusions. Theres very
little point in leaping in here ****ing all over the place. I'm simply
curious why you don't fly it.

Fair enough.

The aircraft hasn't flown yet because a bible-thumping FSDO inspector,
Joaquin Camacho, decided to go on a crusade against me, telling local A&P's
in this small island that I could crash into a church, and intimidating them
with threats of harassment or losing their licenses. He kept this up for two
years until the issue was brought up to the head of Flight Service in DC
with a warning that if no action was taken, criminal charges would be filed.
That got the FAA to snap to attention, bark "Yes, Sir! What do you need,
Sir!" and things started moving forward. The maintenance plan Camacho sat on
for two years was approved in two weeks, and I am currently on a waiting
list for a resource to come down from Miami to do the airworthiness
inspection. It is also interesting to note that the San Juan FSDO was closed
because of many issues similar to these. It no longer exists, the office
here is a satellite office of the Miami FSDO.

Old December 24th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Al G" wrote in message
Too bad there is no way to notify Guiness, online. The only contact I
could find was snail mail.

Al, sonny, Marco knows it had not flown when the record application was
submitted.

Next!

Ok, no big deal. I was just surprised that Guinness would accept as a
"Airplane" world record, something that does not fly. My bad. I am
learning. How are the sales going?

I have four people interested in the aircraft. They are all waiting for it
to fly, and I am waiting for the Miami FSDO to assign me a resource for the
airworthiness inspection.

Juan

Old December 24th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Deaf2u

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .

I am currently on a waiting list for a resource to come down from Miami to
do the airworthiness inspection.

Ok, thanks for the answer, I thought it had it's CoA. Good luck with the
inspection. If you can lay hands on a video camera, put up a video on
YouTube when it flies.

Old December 24th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Deaf2u" wrote in message
[...]

In other words it's once again someone else's fault?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old December 24th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

"Al G" wrote in message
Too bad there is no way to notify Guiness, online. The only contact I
could find was snail mail.
Al, sonny, Marco knows it had not flown when the record application was
submitted.

Next!

Ok, no big deal. I was just surprised that Guinness would accept as a
"Airplane" world record, something that does not fly. My bad. I am
learning. How are the sales going?

I have four people interested in the aircraft. They are all waiting for it
to fly, and I am waiting for the Miami FSDO to assign me a resource for the
airworthiness inspection.

Juan

Didn't you tell us a year ago it had been certified as airworthy?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old December 24th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Dan" wrote in message
Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Deaf2u" wrote in message
[...]

No, that's the story of _your_ life, Dan. Get over it.