Wanted: Dittel FSG 71M

Old April 30th 10, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jim archer

Default Wanted: Dittel FSG 71M

I'm looking for this exact model. My FSG 71M is going to the shop for
repair. I'm foreseeing that it is going to take too long and I'd
rather not fly all season with my handheld waiting for it to be
repaired. I want to be able to plug and play, i.e. use the same
connections and mic that are currently in my glider. Thanks,
Jim
Old April 30th 10, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Apr 30, 2:21*pm, jim archer wrote:
I'm looking for this exact model. *My FSG 71M is going to the shop for
repair. *I'm foreseeing that it is going to take too long and I'd
rather not fly all season with my handheld waiting for it to be
repaired. *I want to be able to plug and play, i.e. use the same
connections and mic that are currently in my glider. Thanks,
Jim

OZ,
The only difference in the wiring between and FSG 2T and your FSG
71M is that the 71M uses pin 3 as a 'Standard Carbon Microphone'
input. If your current wiring uses pin 1, you're already set up to
use a dynamic microphone, and the FSG 2T (and I suspect several
others) would drop right in.
UF
Old April 30th 10, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Apr 30, 2:21*pm, jim archer wrote:
I'm looking for this exact model. *My FSG 71M is going to the shop for
repair. *I'm foreseeing that it is going to take too long and I'd
rather not fly all season with my handheld waiting for it to be
repaired. *I want to be able to plug and play, i.e. use the same
connections and mic that are currently in my glider. Thanks,
Jim

.... or not. I just checked 4 other wiring diagrams and they're quite
different. So much for standardization
Old April 30th 10, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

actually FSG70, FSG71M and FSG2T all have the same wiring and all can use on
the same pins non amplified dynamic and standard (amplified, carbon or
electret)microphone inputs without making any changes in the radios
themselves.
tim

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

database 5076 (20100430) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5076 (20100430) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old April 30th 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Apr 30, 3:34*pm, "Tim Mara" wrote:
actually FSG70, FSG71M and FSG2T all have the same wiring and all can use on
the same pins non amplified dynamic and standard (amplified, carbon or
electret)microphone inputs without making any changes in the radios
themselves.
tim

.... I should have pointed out my source. Wings & Wheels has an
excellent "Useful Information" page which has manuals for many of the
electronic bits in our gliders. And, as Tim pointed out, the FSG 2T
can be configured for your existing microphone.
Thanks Tim!
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/useful.htm

BTW OZ, did you leave your recorder on all the way home?? ;-P
Old May 1st 10, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Barny

If you sent it to Dittel Germany, they may help with a loaner. I did
this a few years ago with Becker, and it only cost me the return
shipping. FWIW, I sent my FSG-71 to Dittel Germany a year ago and
received it back pretty quickly (4 weeks).
~Bruce
Old May 2nd 10, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jim archer

On May 1, 4:34*am, Barny wrote:
*If you sent it to Dittel Germany, they may help with a loaner. *I did
this a few years ago with Becker, and it only cost me the return
shipping. *FWIW, I sent my FSG-71 to Dittel Germany a year ago and
received it back pretty quickly (4 weeks).
~Bruce

Thanks everyone. Hopefully I will know next week how long the
turnaround will be and I will go from there. And very good to hear
that you got good service from Dittel in Germany, a few of us were
wondering. Anyone have good or bad info about Dittel Germany?
Old May 2nd 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jim archer

On Apr 30, 3:40*pm, Grider Pirate wrote:
On Apr 30, 3:34*pm, "Tim Mara" wrote: actually FSG70, FSG71M and FSG2T all have the same wiring and all can use on
the same pins non amplified dynamic and standard (amplified, carbon or
electret)microphone inputs without making any changes in the radios
themselves.
tim

... I should have pointed out my source. *Wings & Wheels has an
excellent "Useful Information" page which has manuals for many of the
electronic bits in our gliders. *And, as Tim pointed out, the FSG 2T
can be configured for your existing microphone.
Thanks Tim!http://www.wingsandwheels.com/useful.htm

BTW OZ, did you leave your recorder on all the way home?? ;-P

Actually, I left it on from my house to the airport. Yes, now you
know exactly where I live.

Dittel FSG 50 in Dittel base station [email protected] Soaring 2 February 18th 09 09:15 AM
Dittel FSG 50 in Dittel base station, Perfect for crews and FBO [email protected] Soaring 1 February 18th 09 09:15 AM
Wanted: Walter Dittel FSG60M [email protected] Soaring 0 April 21st 08 02:06 AM
Dittel Radio wanted Paul Soaring 2 August 28th 05 03:12 PM
Wanted - Avionics Dittel/Filser ATR720 panel Bruce Campbell Soaring 0 July 22nd 03 01:24 PM