BMapper Background Map Management

Old April 23rd 10, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RN

Default BMapper Background Map Management

After capturing several new BMapper Background maps, I would like to
eliminate some old ones that are no longer used so they do not show up
on the drop down on the upper left corner of the program. I have been
unable to find any files by the names shown to delete. Can anyone help
with details on how to eliminate these?

Also, I would like to share some of the new background maps with other
pilots so they do not have to generate their own. Is there an easy way
to do this?

John
Old April 26th 10, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Gough

On Apr 22, 8:41*pm, RN wrote:
After capturing several new BMapper Background maps, I would like to
eliminate some old ones that are no longer used so they do not show up
on the drop down on the upper left corner of the program. I have been
unable to find any files by the names shown to delete. Can anyone help
with details on how to eliminate these?

Also, I would like to share some of the new background maps with other
pilots so they do not have to generate their own. Is there an easy way
to do this?

John

Your original download of the BMapper program has 5 files that are
used to display the Mifflin area, they a

Mifflin.bin system file
Mifflin.bmp bitmap of the actual map
Mifflin.dat Cambrige format turnpoint file
Mifflin.ini parameters file
Mifflin.sca default settings

You should find similar files for the maps you have created. Remove
them from your BMapper root directory and they will no longer show in
the dropdown menu.

Andy Gough
Old April 29th 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RN

Thanks Andy, your recomendations work and have been successful in the
past.

The problem I was having is that the files I was looking for were not
in the BMapper root directory and I could not find them to delete
them.

It turns out that Microsoft has some security features that put files
in a directory other than the location the program specifies. Details
can be found by googleing "virtualstore".

The missing files turned up in C:/users/"yourname"/appdata/local/
virtualstore/program_files/BMapper. After finding them, it was easy to
delete the ones no longer used, and to move the other active ones to
the BMapper root directory.

The appdata/local....directory may be hidden by default. It is
necessary to go into "folder options" "view" tab to unhide it.

John
Old April 30th 10, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave White

On Apr 29, 10:27*am, RN wrote:
Thanks Andy, your recomendations work and have been successful in the
past.

The problem I was having is that the files I was looking for were not
in the BMapper root directory and I could not find them to delete
them.

It turns out that Microsoft has some security features that put files
in a directory other than the location the program specifies. Details
can be found by googleing "virtualstore".

The missing files turned up in C:/users/"yourname"/appdata/local/
virtualstore/program_files/BMapper. After finding them, it was easy to
delete the ones no longer used, and to move the other active ones to
the BMapper root directory.

The appdata/local....directory may be hidden by default. It is
necessary to go into "folder options" "view" tab to unhide it.

John

Nobody ever answered the question about how to share maps. I finally
was able to capture the desired map of north Texas, and would like to
offer it to others, but not sure how to do it. Maybe we could just
post the files to this group?

Bmapper Map Capture Dave White Soaring 1 April 23rd 10 01:34 AM
Looking for ASW-17 background info Michael Deleo Soaring 2 August 27th 09 09:05 PM
BMapper can't find Dr. Jack data this morning? Frank[_1_] Soaring 0 June 12th 08 02:47 PM
Free Background Check [email protected] Piloting 0 October 8th 07 05:01 AM
New NYS background checks ?? Mike Isaksen Piloting 0 September 3rd 06 04:16 AM