Gap Tape For Sale

Old April 24th 10, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Thomas Johnson

Default Gap Tape For Sale

For Sale

One day use gap tape
One inch wide, white in color
Not as good as the 5 to 10 dollar
a roll tape, but a lot cheaper
For the individual who assembles and disassembles
daily.

40 rolls for $40 post paid in the USA

Thomas Johnson
t h o j o h n s o n @ h o t m a i l . c o m
Old April 24th 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Finegan

On Apr 24, 10:03*am, Thomas Johnson wrote:
For Sale

One day use gap tape

This stuff is good. Bought a box a couple years ago, still using it.

Mike
CN
Old April 24th 10, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

On Apr 24, 2:19*pm, Michael Finegan wrote:
On Apr 24, 10:03*am, Thomas Johnson wrote:

For Sale

One day use gap tape

This stuff is good. *Bought a box a couple years ago, still using it.

Mike
CN

I second that. My Ka-6 eats lots of tape, and I really haven't made
much of a dent in the box I bought a couple of years ago.

Pete
Old April 25th 10, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott[_7_]

vontresc wrote:

I second that. My Ka-6 eats lots of tape, and I really haven't made
much of a dent in the box I bought a couple of years ago.

Pete

Maybe you need to fly more!

Old April 27th 10, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

Wanting to put my two cents in, I bought a box of this tape and it is
very good stuff. Stretches well around curves and such. A great
value for the cost. The ONLY negative is that it is in fact single
use only - so I have a expensive roll for multi-day needs - but the
seller lets you know that defact up front. Oh, and it isn't a pretty
white-white-white, its a tiny bit grayish. But heck, for this price
I'd even use it if it was black-black-black. For a $1 a roll, give it
a try.
Old April 27th 10, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Apr 26, 8:44*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
Wanting to put my two cents in, I bought a box of this tape and it is
very good stuff. *Stretches well around curves and such. *A great
value for the cost. *The ONLY negative is that it is in fact single
use only - so I have a expensive roll for multi-day needs - but the
seller lets you know that defact up front. *Oh, and it isn't a pretty
white-white-white, its a tiny bit grayish. *But heck, for this price
I'd even use it if it was black-black-black. *For a $1 a roll, give it
a try.

What do you mean by "single use"? What did the OP mean by "one day"
use?

Some cheap tapes leave a horrible residue, others creep badly and also
leave a horrible residue, some go brittle in the sun. What is the
problem with this stuff?

I use 3M electrical tape. I use it only once although it is possible
to re wind it and use it several times if you are really cheap. It
used to be really good and leave no residue. They seem to have
changed the adhesive because now it leaves a residue after only being
on the glider for 2 days.

Andy
Old April 27th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

Here is my take on this tape. Good stuff. I have never had a
problem. It doesn't get brittle. It doesn't creep. It stays where
you want it to and goes around complex bends. It comes off when you
want it to and doesn't leave any gooey residue...unless you leave it
on for something on the order of 2 weeks. Even then the adhesive
wasn't nasty to remove.

3M stuff is good but I have only been able to find 1/2" and I think
that 3/4" wide is the minimum to seal up a glider. My $0.02.

- John

FS: Gap Tape TJ[_1_] Soaring 2 September 6th 08 05:49 AM
Gap Tape for sale TJ[_1_] Soaring 1 April 27th 08 11:20 AM
Gap Tape for sale TJ[_1_] Soaring 1 October 1st 07 06:19 PM
For Sale: IN THE COCKPIT VHS VIDEO SERIES - 6 Tape Series [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 November 2nd 06 04:12 PM
For Sale: IN THE COCKPIT VHS VIDEO SERIES - 6 Tape Series [email protected] Products 0 November 2nd 06 04:07 PM