Affordaplane E-plans

Old October 12th 04, 04:40 AM
BeaglePig

Mark Smith wrote in :

BeaglePig wrote:

"W P Dixon" wrote in
:

"BeaglePig" wrote in message
"W P Dixon" wrote in
:

Thanks for the info, I was considering getting the plans
myself....I won't now.

Don't make a judgement based on one person's internet posted
opinion.
If you were interested before, join the "cheapaircraft" yahoo
group,
and "Fly5k" yahoo group at groups.yahoo.com. Much discussion on
both lists about this plane, enough to "cut though the chaff" so
to speak.

BeaglePig

Well Beagle I do know what you are saying..but look at it this way.
If one person told you he went into a store and spent 45 bucks for
something and then the store would not give the item to him and
kept his money...I bet you would think reallllllly hard before
giving away 45 bucks yourself, right? Not to mention here on the
net it is very very easy to rip people off. So you must take even
one bad example of a internet company pretty serious. I would be
more than happy to hear from happy customers as well though. I do
like the little ultralight. I don't know of anyone who has built it
in my neck of the woods, so what comes out on the net is all I have
to go by.

Patrick

Yup, but it's also real easy for ONE idiot to slander someone after
he had a bad experience not the falt of the business in question.

Now, the following may be contrary to the opinion you may have
thought I had but after researching this plane myself, (more than
just one post from one guy though grin) I decided like you not to
order plans.

Many discussions on the above groups mention plans paid for and not
delivered (didn't seem like fraud as much as poor business
practices); and my biggest concern was that no one could site a copy
of the plane currently flying and many folks had started to build
one, even got to the taxi testing phase, then decided it was too
unsafe to fly and scrapped the whole project. The consensus is the
designers plane flew once or twice and may or may not have wrecked
but is not now currently flying.

So, my motivations to getting you to dig a bit deaper were perhaps
opposite of what some people might think grin.

Still all hearsay. I've never actually met any of these people, but
enough info for this aviation newbie to look elsewhere...

Happy Building!!

BeaglePig

the guy posted details, a copy of the cancelled check,

what more do you want,

send him 45 of your bucks or be quiet !!!!!!!!

then send the plans to the guy who posted !

Anyone can sign a name on the back of a check that kind of looks like
it might be the signature of the intended person.

I'm not saying it was the OP, not at all. It's quite possible the check
was stolen from Dave's mail etc.....

But however it happened, IMHO he did the guy a favor, and could have
saved his life (not sending the plans....)

BeaglePig
Old October 19th 04, 07:20 PM
Anthony

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 06:08:23 GMT, "Anthony"
wrote:

:Check out the fly5k yahoo mailing list.

snip

:Good luck getting your money back but you're better off without the

plans.

I just looked at the list on Yahoogroups. I looked at it when this
message was posted, and there were many messages complaining about
various things. Now they've all been removed.

That's one way to deal with complaints.

This doesn't surprise me a bit. Mr. E probably had a cheap ambulance chaser
threaten Yahoo and they pulled the messages.

Tony

Old October 23rd 04, 07:42 PM
John Sell

I saw this post and just wanted to share my experience. I ordered
Affordapane plans this spring and never received them.

This summer I e-mailed the vendor and complained. I was told my "check was
in the mail," a refund for the plans I had never received. The problem was
blamed on some sort of "computer problem." Of course the refund check never
arrived either. I just wrote him another letter and I intend to make my
situation known to the EAA, Kitplanes, etc. I have ordered many plans in my
20 plus years as a pilot/builder and I have never had a problem. Beware of
this one!

"BeaglePig" wrote in message
Mark Smith wrote in :

BeaglePig wrote:

"W P Dixon" wrote in
:

"BeaglePig" wrote in message
"W P Dixon" wrote in
:

Old December 29th 05, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Affordaplane E-plans

Good afternoon: Gentleman I have read all, of the thing, that have been
posted. Some pro some con. I have waited a long time to pick a set of
plans to purchase. I picked the old Affordaplane after reading an article
in Ultra light magazine. What a let down. Don’t pay attention to
anything that is posted on the net about this company. People pay real
money Real Money, it is not fare that they are being taken by this
company. I don’t care if his wife is sick or if she farted. The man
is in business, I don’t know doing what but it is not supplying what
he say he is selling. He should be reported to the BBB, the state attorney
office and every one else that can stop him or them from taking
people’s money and not supplying what they purchase. At this point I
don’t even believe that this is even real. The is the true if you
what to lose your money he is the place to go http://www.affordaplane.com/
sorry the true is the true you like it or not. I will give you a Registered
Serial Number! Don’t make me laugh.
DuranR1

Old December 29th 05, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Well, I don't know how to tell you this.....

I have two Assembly Manuals for different planes I thought I was interested
in, (which I bought). I have VCR Tapes, DVD's and CD's that I also bought
(Seemed like a good idea at the time). Think of it this way, How mad would
you be if you spent $15,000.00 for the kit?? You got off lucky, now don't
that make you feel better?

Just consider this a learning experience, other people have "learned" more
than you can imagine.... I'm have my Master's and I'm not even close to
final assembly.

david

lkaboutaviation.com...

Old December 29th 05, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

This URL isn't working:
http://www.cei.net/~diakrisis/AffordaplaneCon.html

The affordaplane.com URL didn't work the first few times I tried it,
either. I suppose Mr. Parks's complaints has created extra interest.

The printed plans are up to $60 as of ten minutes ago.

Mike

Old December 29th 05, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I got stuck from skystar(kitfox 7.

David Koehler wrote:
Well, I don't know how to tell you this.....

I have two Assembly Manuals for different planes I thought I was interested
in, (which I bought). I have VCR Tapes, DVD's and CD's that I also bought
(Seemed like a good idea at the time). Think of it this way, How mad would
you be if you spent $15,000.00 for the kit?? You got off lucky, now don't
that make you feel better?

Just consider this a learning experience, other people have "learned" more
than you can imagine.... I'm have my Master's and I'm not even close to
final assembly.

david

lkaboutaviation.com...

Old December 31st 05, 08:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

DuranR1 wrote:
[...]

Now he will try to sue for liable. He told me that when I posted that I
thought that he was disreputable at best for selling plans for a plane
that had never flown. Funny thing is that since I told him to F off and
die, I never heard from him again.

Sorry you got screwed but experience is what you get when you don't get
what you want. ;o)

Tony
Old December 31st 05, 10:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"DuranR1" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
Good afternoon: Gentleman I have read all, of the thing, that have been
posted. Some pro some con. I have waited a long time to pick a set of
plans to purchase. I picked the old Affordaplane after reading an article
in Ultra light magazine. What a let down.

You know of the saying that "there is a sucker born every minute?"

This holds true for anyone that does not thoroughly research a plane or
plans, and sends them money. You deserve what you get, then.

There have been instances where a seemingly solid provider goes belly up,
and people lose their money. That is unfortunate, but even then, there are
usually early warning signs that problems could be coming.

So, buyer beware!!!
--
Jim in NC

Old December 31st 05, 11:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Morgans wrote:
"DuranR1" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
Good afternoon: Gentleman I have read all, of the thing, that have been
posted. Some pro some con. I have waited a long time to pick a set of
plans to purchase. I picked the old Affordaplane after reading an article
in Ultra light magazine. What a let down.

You know of the saying that "there is a sucker born every minute?"

This holds true for anyone that does not thoroughly research a plane or
plans, and sends them money. You deserve what you get, then.

There have been instances where a seemingly solid provider goes belly up,
and people lose their money. That is unfortunate, but even then, there are
usually early warning signs that problems could be coming.

So, buyer beware!!!
--
Jim in NC

It seems to me that I've heard this all before. David couldn't have
done much research on this company, at least not through this group.