Strong Conditions in Western USA

Old May 19th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Strong Conditions in Western USA

While the contestants in the US Nationals in the east of the country
were sitting mostly in the rain, we westerners experienced some of the
best conditions in a long time. The combination of moisture and cool
unstable air from a Pacific storm system and our signature hot sunny
skies resulted in perhaps the best weekend soaring since last year.

All top 20 OLC flights on Saturday and Sunday were from the west -
California, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming and my home state of
Arizona. They include:

1 flight 950 km
8 flights 700 km 800 km
10 flights 600 km 700 km
16 flights 500 km 600 km

Nice job guys!

Mike
Old May 19th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 19, 6:42 am, Mike the Strike wrote:
While the contestants in the US Nationals in the east of the country
were sitting mostly in the rain, we westerners experienced some of the
best conditions in a long time. The combination of moisture and cool
unstable air from a Pacific storm system and our signature hot sunny
skies resulted in perhaps the best weekend soaring since last year.

All top 20 OLC flights on Saturday and Sunday were from the west -
California, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming and my home state of
Arizona. They include:

1 flight 950 km
8 flights 700 km 800 km
10 flights 600 km 700 km
16 flights 500 km 600 km

Nice job guys!

Mike

Go ahead, rub it in why don't you.
Old May 19th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

On May 19, 10:50 am, wrote:
Go ahead, rub it in why don't you.

....looking for my salt shaker :-)
Old May 19th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On May 19, 10:14 am, 5Z wrote:

...looking for my salt shaker :-)

Tom.... Wouldn't you rather be back east?
Think of all the sunscreen and Oxygen refills you wouldn't need.
:-)
Jim
Old May 20th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 19, 2:26�pm, JS wrote:
On May 19, 10:14 am, 5Z wrote:

...looking for my salt shaker �:-)

Tom.... Wouldn't you rather be back east?
Think of all the sunscreen and Oxygen refills you wouldn't need.
:-)
Jim

Ya Da, Ya Da, Ya Da.........when ya feel the need for
speed..........our eastern contest sites say best 133 plus P7 did on
a practice day...at Mifflin................plus check Sunday.....
Mifflin, and today Monday.... Mifflin............we don't need no
stinkin' oxygen or sunscreen, just willing varmits to jump over our
ridge running wings..............but are glad you western boys are
finally getting some distance in..... as I am heading west and thrown
away these long johns..........for some sun and warm

# 711

Old May 21st 08, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

A meager 500 km from the P7 Unit? Only 3 hrs in the saddle?

Yawn......

Icing conditions Mxsmanic Piloting 93 December 2nd 06 02:12 PM
AF#2/conditions Christopher Range Piloting 11 October 26th 06 02:57 AM
FLYING VFR IN IMC CONDITIONS Sky Scrapper Piloting 77 August 1st 06 03:37 PM
First Solo In Actual Conditions David B. Cole Piloting 22 September 3rd 04 11:40 PM
FAR 91.157 Operating in icing conditions O. Sami Saydjari Instrument Flight Rules 98 December 11th 03 06:58 AM