Kennedy gets his own TFR

Old May 25th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Kennedy gets his own TFR

Tina writes:

I will make the observation that your untrimmed posts often offer more
aviation content than many others who do trim.

Most of what posters trim is backquoting of others; so you're saying that the
main aviation content is in the backquotes, which isn't terribly flattering.
Old May 25th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

What an astute reader would have inferred is that I think Dudley's
contribution to the aviation content of this group is high, even if he
chooses, or forgets, to trim his posts to meet some standards others
wish to impose.

Some may disagree.

Old May 25th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sun, 25 May 2008 07:51:53 -0700 (PDT), Tina
wrote in
:

What an astute reader would have inferred is that I think Dudley's
contribution to the aviation content of this group is high, even if he
chooses, or forgets, to trim his posts to meet some standards others
wish to impose.

Some may disagree.

The general rule is that the authors' of follow up articles should
attempt to include equal or more new text than that which they have
quoted from a previous article.

Also, top-posting is a sign of nubieism, as it breaks the
chronological flow of thought. The two rules go hand-in-hand for
obvious reasons.
Old May 25th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-05-25, Tina wrote:
What an astute reader would have inferred is that I think Dudley's
contribution to the aviation content of this group is high, even if he
chooses, or forgets, to trim his posts to meet some standards others
wish to impose.

I don't disagree about Dudley's contributions in the slightest. It is only
that I wish to see more people take advantage of his expertise that I asked
him to follow longstanding Usenet etiquette.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old May 25th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Visitor

Jay Maynard wrote:
.....I asked him to follow longstanding Usenet etiquette.

When does etiquette change. So much has changed in society. It will of
course change in usenet also. Manners are not what they used to be. Such
as table manners or wearing hats in front of ladies. Is ettiquete
defined by popular standards of society? Should it flex with time as it has?

I for one will top post if I am not necassarily adding "in line" to
something. But here I am.

I am not offended by top posting, so to me it isn't a breach of
ettiquete. Is anyone truely "offended"?

John

Old May 25th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
FDC 8/8593 ZBW MA.. FLIGHT RESTRICTION HYANNIS, MA EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
UNTIL 0805272200 UTC. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(1), TEMPORARY
FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT DUE TO SAFETY OF FLIGHT WITHIN A 3
NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 413749N/0701812W OR THE MVY VORTAC 060 DEGREE
RADIAL AT 19.8 NAUTICAL MILES UP TO AND INCLUDING 5000 MSL. ALL AIRCRAFT
OPERATIONS WITHIN THE AREA LISTED ABOVE ARE PROHIBITED EXCEPT FOR:
FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL MEDEVAC AND MILITARY AIRCRAFT. VFR AND IFR
OPPERATIONS TO AND FROM HYA ARE AUTHORIZED. AIRCRAFT IN DIRECT
COMMUNICATIONS WITH ATC ARE ALLOWED. NO LOITERING, NO PRACTICE APPROACHES
OR PATTERN WORK. CAPE APCH, 508-968-7126, AND OR BOSTON ARTCC /ZBW/,
603-879-6655, ARE THE COORDINATION FACILITIES.

He gets the cape to himself for the holiday weekend.

What is he supposedly doing there all by himself on a late sprind holiday
weekend?

I must admit that I am no fan of his; but the location suggests a sailing
regatta, which could be an alternate explanation, and that is a little out
of my searching specialties...

Peter

Old May 25th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

From: Mxsmanic

Being a senator isn't nearly as important as being a Kennedy. Don't
forget the efforts made at taxpayer expense to find the last Kennedy
who disappeared in an airplane.

Like it or not, some people are more important than others.
When you disappear, the investigation will end at, "Gee, I
wonder what happened to MX".
Or, more likely, "What's that smell coming from Anthony's apt.".

OR even more likely "what's that new smell coming form anthony's
apartment?

Bertie
Old May 25th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_27_]

On 25 May 2008, you wrote in rec.aviation.piloting:

Dudley Henriques schrieb:
No offense meant Jim ; just an observation from years and years of
Usenet experience :-))). I'm sure you know what I mean.

In all those years: have you never trimmed your posts? you've been told
a couple of times by now from different people. Please: TRIM YOUR POSTS!

Or what, ze Russian Front?

Bertie

Old May 26th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sun, 25 May 2008 15:06:41 -0400, The Visitor
wrote in
:

Jay Maynard wrote:
....I asked him to follow longstanding Usenet etiquette.

When does etiquette change. So much has changed in society. It will of
course change in usenet also.

There is an established formal method of changing Usenet policy via
RFCs.

Manners are not what they used to be. Such as table manners or
wearing hats in front of ladies.

That may be the case where you reside, but it has no bearing on
Usenet.

Usenet conventions are the result of thoughtful debate, and careful
design.

Is ettiquete defined by popular standards of society?

Usenet netiquette is defined he
http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/doc/zen/ze...toc.html#SEC44

Please also see: http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/doc/zen/zen-1.0_6.html

Should it flex with time as it has?

Usenet is made possible through the generosity of those computer
system owners who provide the resources upon which it depends. Usenet
is intended to be an exercise in self-governance. Those Usenet
participants who are not evolved enough to be capable of
self-governance are easily distinguished from responsible netizins.

I for one will top post if I am not necassarily adding "in line" to
something.

Top-posting in follow up articles fractures the chronology of the
thoughts expressed in proceeding articles, thus making it exceedingly
difficult for future researchers of the GoogleGroups (nee dejavu)
Usenet archive to follow the message thread.

But here I am.

I am not offended by top posting, so to me it isn't a breach of
ettiquete.

While I truly respect individualism, failure to follow netiquette
conventions will not earn you respect among its participants.