Um... aviation piloting???

Old August 14th 07, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grant[_2_]

Default Um... aviation piloting???

So what has happened to the topic around here, I thought we were
talking about piloting aircraft? I'm having a hard time finding things
about that.

Old August 14th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

On 8/14/2007 9:08:21 AM, Grant wrote:

So what has happened to the topic around here, I thought we were
talking about piloting aircraft? I'm having a hard time finding things
about that.

If you are referring to the many spam posts, be patient. Someone is getting
their rocks off spamming the group and will most likely move on after a few
days. Happens every so often to just about all of the active newsgroups.

--
Peter
Old August 14th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:08:24 -0000, Grant wrote
in .com:

So what has happened to the topic around here,

Take personal responsibility. Try starting a message thread with some
aviation content. Just a thought.

ST. LOUIS, Aug. 10, 2007 -- The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] today
announced that it has received an $18 million U.S. Navy contract to
design, develop and produce the Undergraduate Military Flight Officer
(UMFO) ground-based training system for Training Wing 6 at Naval Air
Station Pensacola, Fla.

"Future readiness begins with training, and the U.S. Navy's UMFO
program is the foundation for the naval flight officers of tomorrow,"
said Tony Jones, vice president, Boeing Training Systems and Services.
"We recognize the importance of providing a state-of-the-art training
capability for new weapon systems and look forward to the opportunity
to provide that capability to the U.S. Navy."

The new system will provide introductory training for naval flight
officers, weapon system officers and international military flight
officers destined for highly sophisticated weapon systems such as the
F/A-18F Super Hornet, the EA-6B Prowler, the EA-18G Growler, the E-2C
Hawkeye and the F-15E Strike Eagle.

As the prime contractor and lead systems integrator, Boeing will lead
the instructional system development and deliver the courseware,
electronic classrooms and T-45 aircrew training devices.

In conjunction with existing T-6 aircraft and its aircrew training
devices, and the T-45C aircraft currently being augmented by Boeing
with a virtual radar capability, the new system will replace aging T-2
and T-39 aircraft, courseware and training devices.
Old August 14th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_3_]

So what has happened to the topic around here, I thought we were
talking about piloting aircraft? I'm having a hard time finding things
about that.

That's what we've been trying to tell Anthony for a long time (MXSMANIC)

Old August 14th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"Grant" == Grant writes:

Grant So what has happened to the topic around here, I thought we
Grant were talking about piloting aircraft?

Where'd you get that notion? Oh, I see, from the name of the group.
How quaint! Delightfully naive and all that. You see, this group is
really for every topic *but* piloting an aircraft. Little joke with
the noobs you see.
--
Paying alimony is like feeding hay to a dead horse.
Groucho Marx
Old August 14th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
dgs[_2_]

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
t...

So what has happened to the topic around here, I thought we were

talking about piloting aircraft? I'm having a hard time finding things
about that.

That's what we've been trying to tell Anthony for a long time (MXSMANIC)

It won't work. It never does. See his output on other newsgroups for
the evidence.

The only thing that will work is mass kill-filing and ignoring.
--
dgs

Old August 14th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
muff528

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:23:56 -0400, "Peter R." wrote:

On 8/14/2007 9:08:21 AM, Grant wrote:

So what has happened to the topic around here, I thought we were
talking about piloting aircraft? I'm having a hard time finding things
about that.

If you are referring to the many spam posts, be patient. Someone is
getting
their rocks off spamming the group and will most likely move on after a
few
days. Happens every so often to just about all of the active newsgroups.

According to another group it has been stopped. Somebody had hacked into a
Greek
University computer and was using that.
--

Martin

The posts are still going strong over at rec.skydiving.
TP

Old August 15th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

On Aug 14, 1:44 pm, "dgs" wrote:

The only thing that will work is mass kill-filing and ignoring.
--
dgs

It won't work. It never does. See everyone's output on this
newsgroups for the evidence.

Old August 15th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

wrote:

On 8/14/2007 9:08:21 AM, Grant wrote:

So what has happened to the topic around here, I thought we were
talking about piloting aircraft? I'm having a hard time finding
things about that.

If you are referring to the many spam posts, be patient. Someone is
getting
their rocks off spamming the group and will most likely move on after
a few
days. Happens every so often to just about all of the active
newsgroups.

According to another group it has been stopped. Somebody had hacked
into a Greek
University computer and was using that.
--

Martin

The posts are still going strong over at rec.skydiving.
TP

Doesn't take long to find an open server. Even easier with the advent of
wi fi.

Bertie

Old August 15th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:44:57 -0700, "dgs" wrote:

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
et...

So what has happened to the topic around here, I thought we were

talking about piloting aircraft? I'm having a hard time finding things
about that.

That's what we've been trying to tell Anthony for a long time (MXSMANIC)

It won't work. It never does. See his output on other newsgroups for
the evidence.

The only thing that will work is mass kill-filing and ignoring.

there is a spurious -fil in the middle of one of the words. was that
spammed in? :-)