I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 19th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

Default I give up, after many, many years!

Mxsmanic wrote:
Le Chaud Lapin writes:

That, coupled with the delay inherent in the
response of many engines and the delay in the airframe's reaction, makes it
easier to fly if the engine can be heard. Fortunately, MSFS handles engine
sounds in a fairly consistent and predictable way.

No it doesn't, and this is not rec.aviation.simulation.

-c
Pilot, MSFS player.
Old May 19th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

Mxsmanic wrote:

To capture the glide slope, you watch the needles on your instruments.

That's right. Bill Gates just miracles the rest of the approach into
place.

Applying power will not accelerate you downhill.

Point one of your toy airplanes into an 70-degree descent and apply full
power.

Student pilots, consult your FAA Airplane Flying Handbook, Chapter 3,
Page 19:

"Through a wide range of nose-low attitudes, a descent is the only
possible condition of flight. The addition of power at these attitudes
will only result in a greater rate of descent at a faster airspeed."

By the way, I'm no longer talking to MXNumbnuts here. He's a washout
and a non-pilot. I'm talking to student pilots who might be led astray
by his ignorance and misinformation.

-Chris Gattman
Commercial Pilot, Instrument, ASEL
Advanced Ground Instructor
Old May 19th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steve Foley

"gatt" wrote in message
. ..

Point one of your toy airplanes into an 70-degree descent and apply full
power.

I did that last night in MSFS.

They got it wrong.

Old May 19th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

Mxsmanic wrote:

Did you miss the part about the trim setting in a nose down position?
The above answer is WRONG when you don't have the airplane configured
correctly.

Sorry, I try to keep the airplane configured correctly, so I don't have much
experience with incorrect configurations.

All of the sources I've consulted contradict all that you are saying. I have
no reason to believe that you are more reliable than all those other sources.

Name one.

For example, I continue to name and quote the FAA Airplane Flying
Handbook, FAA-H-8083-3A, and you don't respond to those posts.
Meanwhile, you don't cite your sources, so I suspect that you are a liar.

-c
Old May 19th 08, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

Jay Honeck wrote:

In normal instrument flight, pilots are trained to ignore what their
body is telling them.

Not exactly. I was told to understand and be able to recognize various
physiological illusions, but I was told NOT to ignore others.

For example, if my ears--my body--tell me that the prop or engine is
winding up, I might be experiencing a change in power, airspeed or a
rapid descent even though the pitot-static instruments are not moving?

To extend this logic, if my eyes--my body--tell me that there's a
mountain in my way, do I ignore it just because the altitude indicator
is stuck on 12,000?

If my nose--my body--smells smoke or burning oil but the engine
instruments don't show a problem, do I ignore my senses?

If all of a sudden I feel like I weigh 500 pounds or an unbelted
passenger is floating around the cabin, odds are something isn't right.

-c
Old May 19th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Steve Foley writes:

If the nose is pointed down (going downhill) , and you increase power, you
WILL descend faster.

Your increased speed will produce more lift, which will tend to raise the
aircraft, slowing the rate of descent and potentially leveling the aircraft or
producing a climb.

So just remember, everybody, if you're at 500 feet in a spiral dive,
and/or you're 500RPM past VNE, just increase power.

Alternatively, you can hit PAUSE, push the MAP icon and simply add a few
thousand feet to your altitude.

"Through a wide range of nose-low attitudes, a descent is the only
possible condition of flight. The addition of power at these attitudes
will only result in a greater rate of descent at a faster airspeed."
FAA-H-8083-3A 3-19.

But, hey, what does the Federal Aviation Administration know about anything?

-c
Old May 19th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

terry wrote:
On May 18, 11:01 pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
Third, and most likely alternative: he's just stupid.

MX is many things. Persistent, stubborn, blunt, thick-skinned, willing to
argue that black-eyed-peas are really black-eyed-beans, yes. Occasionally
annoying, often entertaining (mostly because of the responses he obtains),
always willing to come back for more. He's like a Weebil that won't fall
down.

But stupid? I don't think so.
--

I agree , definately not stupid, probably well above average IQ .A
vertible human sponge of information.

What he lacks--among a lot of things--is the ability to take the
information that he learns into a true understanding of those concepts.

The power-is-altitude thing is an example. If you point a Cessna 172 or
a 747 straight at the ground and apply full power, there are a couple of
very obvious reasons why this will not result in a climb, and these can
even be demonstrated in a flight simulator.

-c
Old May 19th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
gatt[_3_]

A Lieberman wrote:
On May 18, 11:14 am, Mxsmanic wrote:

mplacency has no room in a cockpit of a real airplane.

MSFS, yes you can be complacent, no big deal. In a real airplane that
leaves the real ground, it doesn't work that way, VFR or IFR.

TRUST BUT VERIFY..............

I talk from experience from using MSFS and flying a real airplane. Can
you?

I can, Lieberman.

You are correct.

-c

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM