How much fuel do you prefer to carry?

Old August 9th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

Default How much fuel do you prefer to carry?

you don't fly... you operate a computer

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
bdl writes:

I haven't flown MSX enough in a while. Is weight even a factor in
performance?

(I presume you mean FSX.) Yes, weight is taken into account and has an
obvious effect on behavior and performance. In simulation, fuel costs
nothing, so I usually fly with full tanks on small aircraft. On large
aircraft I fly with several hours' more fuel than I need.

I know the default W&B's usually have full tanks.
Course with flight simulator you can always add more fuel
inflight.

That would be cheating. You can also set unlimited fuel, but that's
cheating,
too. Still, fuel-exhaustion scenarios aren't that interesting to simulate
so
I just load more than enough fuel for every flight.

Old August 9th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Rocky Stevens writes:

Airlines are supposedly cutting back on the amount of fuel they carry
per flight, much to the chagrin of their pilots:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...83LCgD92E77M80

The article claims it saves them about $750 per trip.

The pilot has the final say on how much extra fuel to carry, even at an
airline. However, I suppose they are being intimidated into taking extra
risks by their employers.
Old August 9th 08, 07:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
buttman

why don't you go cry on the internet about it.... oh too late.
Old August 9th 08, 11:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_3_]

Here you go again, starting your usual trolling after an apparently innocent
question.

Old August 9th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

buttman wrote in
:

why don't you go cry on the internet about it.... oh too late.

Sez king whiney.

Bertie

Old August 9th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

When you fly, how much fuel do you prefer to carry? Do you just load
enough to meet the FARs? Do you like to add a fudge factor? If so,
how much? Do you prefer to fly with full tanks irrespective of the
length of the flight? Is it significantly more expensive to fly with
the tanks topped off for every flight on small aircraft, or does it
not make much difference?

To you? nadda. Since you will never, ever, fly.

Bertie
Old August 9th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Mxsmanic wrote:

When you fly, how much fuel do you prefer to carry? Do you just load enough
to meet the FARs? Do you like to add a fudge factor? If so, how much? Do
you prefer to fly with full tanks irrespective of the length of the flight?
Is it significantly more expensive to fly with the tanks topped off for every
flight on small aircraft, or does it not make much difference?

Lessee, I've a 172 with 2 pax and overnight gear out of a 1200 ft
runway in light winds, only mogas available locally but I'm flying
over water and filed for 6500 in case I have to climb over some
weather en route. Avgas is available at a regional airport en route
but possibility of that field being closed to VFR and Avgas costs so
much these days. Do I fill up or not? Not so clear cut when it isn't
a sim.

Old August 10th 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Mark writes:

Lessee, I've a 172 with 2 pax and overnight gear out of a 1200 ft
runway in light winds, only mogas available locally but I'm flying
over water and filed for 6500 in case I have to climb over some
weather en route. Avgas is available at a regional airport en route
but possibility of that field being closed to VFR and Avgas costs so
much these days. Do I fill up or not? Not so clear cut when it isn't
a sim.

Do you have a method, or do you roll dice?
Old August 10th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Mark writes:

Lessee, I've a 172 with 2 pax and overnight gear out of a 1200 ft
runway in light winds, only mogas available locally but I'm flying
over water and filed for 6500 in case I have to climb over some
weather en route. Avgas is available at a regional airport en route
but possibility of that field being closed to VFR and Avgas costs so
much these days. Do I fill up or not? Not so clear cut when it isn't
a sim.

Do you have a method, or do you roll dice?

There is no "method", there is only judgement based on experience.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old August 10th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_3_]

Yes, the decision making process is based upon experience and knowledge. Of
course, you have neither, so why is it surprising that you don't understand?