Charitable Flights

Old August 13th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Charitable Flights

Any one know of any organization besides Angel Flight for making tax
deductible flights in
Los Angeles?

I've nothing against Angel Flights, I'm just looking for other options
too. Preferable a bit less
structured and scheduled. I do meet the AF requirements for mission
pilots.

Old August 13th 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Aug 13, 11:14*am, wrote:
Any one know of any organization besides Angel Flight for making tax
deductible flights in
Los Angeles?

I've nothing against Angel Flights, I'm just looking for other options
too. Preferable a bit less
structured and scheduled. I do meet the AF requirements for mission
pilots.

Flying sam's. Its deductable and you get to fly South .
Old August 13th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rocky Stevens

On Aug 13, 2:14 pm, wrote:
Any one know of any organization besides Angel Flight for making tax
deductible flights in
Los Angeles?

I've nothing against Angel Flights, I'm just looking for other options
too. Preferable a bit less
structured and scheduled. I do meet the AF requirements for mission
pilots.

Supposedly animal shelters/rescues have a need for pilots to transport
animals. There is an article about it at
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/au...ues-fostering/,
and a thread regarding this at http://forums.aopa.org/showthread.php?t=45441.
Old August 13th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

wrote in message
Any one know of any organization besides Angel Flight for making tax
deductible flights in
Los Angeles?

I've nothing against Angel Flights, I'm just looking for other options
too. Preferable a bit less
structured and scheduled. I do meet the AF requirements for mission
pilots.

CAP does. I deduct some proficiency flying and yearly checkouts (which can
also count as a BFR). I'm sure there are a number of squadrons in the LA
area. You also get to fly their airplanes for free while flying missions.

Old August 22nd 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

wrote

I've nothing against Angel Flights, I'm just looking for other options
too. Preferable a bit less structured and scheduled.

I would think that the "structured and scheduled" aspect of AF is a
necessary part of any organization that is flying patients to doctors and
treatments. Unfortunately, the doctors and clinics function on appointments
that are scheduled in advance, and can not be easily changed.

Perhaps something like "Make a Wish Foundation" would be a less scheduled
group that you could feel good helping out.
--
Jim in NC

747 flights with the USA Ted[_2_] Piloting 62 February 9th 08 05:21 AM
No OLC flights? Bill Daniels Soaring 4 July 5th 07 02:38 AM
Zero-G flights in FL Ross Oliver Piloting 4 September 20th 04 06:46 PM
P47 flights Regnirps Military Aviation 0 May 29th 04 04:15 AM
how I map my flights Snowbird Instrument Flight Rules 10 November 30th 03 11:26 PM