Keep TSA away from aircraft

Old August 23rd 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Default Keep TSA away from aircraft

Morgans wrote:
"Our inspector was following routine procedure for securing the
aircraft that were on the tarmac," TSA official Elio Montenegro told
ABC.

Yep, just doing his job as a member of the Department of Aviation
Prevention.

The fact that the airplanes were damaged, through abuse that about
anyone with a mechanical knowledge past the repairing of bicycles is
bad enough.

What really burns my ass is that someone higher up, that should know
better, actually tried to defend the actions by saying that they did
find unsecured planes.

Is it time for a letter writing campain to our elected officials,
demanding removal of the idiot that defended the actions?

It's probably necessary to go higher up than that if the inspector was
indeed "following routine procedure".

Neil

Old August 23rd 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Morgans" wrote in message
"Our inspector was following routine procedure for securing the
aircraft that were on the tarmac," TSA official Elio Montenegro told
ABC.

Yep, just doing his job as a member of the Department of Aviation
Prevention.

The fact that the airplanes were damaged, through abuse that about anyone
with a mechanical knowledge past the repairing of bicycles is bad enough.

What really burns my ass is that someone higher up, that should know
better, actually tried to defend the actions by saying that they did find
unsecured planes.

Is it time for a letter writing campain to our elected officials,
demanding removal of the idiot that defended the actions?

How did you come to the determination that the official was defending the
actions?

In fact, the official described what happened and admitted the inspector's
actions damaged the aircraft. Two days later the airline and TSA issued a
joint statement saying they share the same goals which seems to indicate the
airline was satisfied with the response from TSA which probably means TSA is
in the process of taking actions to prevent a future occurrence and they are
communicating that response to the airline.

Old August 24th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article C9%rk.603$UX.108@trnddc03, "Mike" wrote:

In fact, the official described what happened and admitted the inspector's
actions damaged the aircraft. Two days later the airline and TSA issued a
joint statement saying they share the same goals which seems to indicate the
airline was satisfied with the response from TSA which probably means TSA is
in the process of taking actions to prevent a future occurrence and they are
communicating that response to the airline.

The cynic in me suspects that one reasonable explanation for the airline
being "satisfied" is that you don't **** off the people who can make your
life miserable.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old August 24th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

wrote:

In fact, the official described what happened and admitted the
inspector's
actions damaged the aircraft. Two days later the airline and TSA issued
joint statement saying they share the same goals which seems to indicate
the
airline was satisfied with the response from TSA which probably means TSA
is
in the process of taking actions to prevent a future occurrence and they
are
communicating that response to the airline.

The cynic in me suspects that one reasonable explanation for the airline
being "satisfied" is that you don't **** off the people who can make your
life miserable.

I would suspect the reverse. If you don't think a large corporation like
AMR can make the life of the TSA administrator miserable, you have a lot to
learn about being a cynic.

Old August 24th 08, 06:24 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Bart" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Fillard Millmore" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
news:_Tprk.3586$Ks1.3550 @newsfe02.iad:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
C J Campbell writes:

Yep, just doing his job as a member of the Department of Aviation
Prevention.

More like the Department of Crash Generation.

Troll alert!!!

Fjukkktard CNOTM alert!

Bertie

Oh, so you and Didley are both sockin' for Mx these day, uh?

Just to underscore your clueless newbie status you're still clueless
about what a sockpuppet is, ainthca fjukktard?

Bertie
Old August 24th 08, 06:26 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Bart" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:vvyrk.3077$9u1.2459
@newsfe09.iad:

wrote in message

@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
On Aug 22, 6:59 am, "Bart" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in
.com...

Fjukkktard CNOTM alert!

Bertie

Oh, so you and Didley are both sockin' for Mx these day, uh?

And you are sokin' for me chowderhead!
Have an extra coffee soaked donut on me ****** boi.

Bull****. We spotted and listed you as a Bertie SUCKpuppet in the

first
volume.

Really? Who's we?

What a pathetic existence, sucking for a dildo like Gurtie.

Beat it **** ant.

Wow, and the cluelssness continues unabated.

Bertie

Old August 24th 08, 10:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article CD4sk.651$5C.279@trnddc02, "Mike" wrote:

The cynic in me suspects that one reasonable explanation for the airline
being "satisfied" is that you don't **** off the people who can make your
life miserable.

I would suspect the reverse. If you don't think a large corporation like
AMR can make the life of the TSA administrator miserable, you have a lot to
learn about being a cynic.

snort if anyone should have a miserable life, it's TSA pukes. Are there
any miserable TSA pukes out there. Anyone? Bueller?

Old August 25th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Mike wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message
[...]

This sounds like defending to me. I think it might be the phrase
"strongly defended" that made me lean that way.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/st...5624381&page=1

...."TSA, however, strongly defended its inspector's actions, noting in a
statement that he was able to gain interior access to seven of the nine
aircraft he inspected, which was an "apparent violation of the airline's
security program." TSA said it encourages its inspectors to look for
such vulnerabilities and after reviewing the inspection results, the
agency "could take action against the airline, up to and including
levying civil penalties."
Old August 25th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...
Mike wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message
[...]

That wasn't TSA's quote, that was ABC's.

Reading on from your link...

TSA acknowledged that its inspector pulled himself up the side of the
aircraft by using a Total Air Temperature (TAT) probe as a handhold. The TAT
probe, which measures outside air temperature and connects to key computer
systems inside the aircraft, is considered critical to flight safety. TSA
said it was not its intent to "cause delays or potential damage to aircraft
as a result of our inspections," and that the agency acted quickly to
"re-enforce education about sensitive equipment located on the exterior of a
plane."

TSA acknowledged its mistake and took prompt action to correct it. It may
have been a stupid mistake, but most of these inspectors aren't pilots or
mechanics. I don't like TSA anymore than anyone else, which is just another
reason why I'm glad I fly myself as much as possible, but trying to invent
some sort of systemic problem out of an isolated incident which appears to
involve only one employee is ridiculous. Now if TSA fails to correct the
problem and it happens again, perhaps the entire agency can be faulted, but
as it is they are hardly worthy of contempt in this situation. The
airlines' own employees cause delays due to incompetence from time to time.
The same thing happens with airport employees, the FAA, contractors, and
practically every other group that works on an airport. Scheiß happens when
you work around aircraft. It's how you deal with these situations which
define the worth of the organization as a whole. Trying to pretend they can
never happen is not realistic.

What I can tell you is that whenever the FAA's equipment or personel cause
airline delays, a detailed report is prepared for the administrator just in
case the airlines ask for it (and they often do). The administrator briefs
the airline on exactly what happened and what the agency is doing to correct
it. I don't know how the TSA operates, but I wouldn't be at all surprised
if they have a similar system in place.

Old August 26th 08, 02:47 AM posted to alt.usenet.kooks,rec.aviation.piloting
Englebert

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Just to underscore your clueless newbie status you're still clueless
about what a sockpuppet is, ainthca fjukktard?

Bertie

Maybe in you grossly limited "wanne be" troll world.