RFD - soc.religion.asatru.is-dead

Old August 22nd 08, 07:01 AM posted to news.groups,alt.religion.asatru,alt.usenet.kooks,talk.us.rhode-island,rec.aviation.piloting
Juan Tootreego[_2_]

Default RFD - soc.religion.asatru.is-dead

In article , Neolithic
says...

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:40:30 -0500, "Adam H. Kerman"
wrote:

Neolithic wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:51:23 -0500, "Adam H. Kerman" wrote:
Neolithic wrote:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:54:34 -0500, "Adam H. Kerman" wrote:
Doug Freyburger wrote:
"Adam H. Kerman" wrote:

This comes close but doesn't really address my question. I may even
agree, mostly, with your discussion of symbolism. But my question was
specific to the religion itself. Aside from the symbols, what is it
about the RELIGION that has attracted them?

Why do you think that because neo-Nazis use original
Nazi symbols they have any interest in actual Asatru?

If I followed that logic, I might conclude that neo-N*z*s have no
interest in being actual N*z*s, that they are merely using its symbols.

Or you could look at their other actions and determine whether they
are consistent with that accusation, or not...

I could, if we were talking about other actions. But you were talking
about symbols, so stop ****ing going off on tangents.

I'll talk about anything I like if I think its relevant.

Don't tell me what to do.

If you want to have a conversation with me, you need to stick to the
topic and stop going off on tangents. You haven't been talking to me,
you've been talking at me.

It's pretty darn rude.

Hypocrit.

The original Nazis sure didn't and there's no reason to
conclude that the neo-Nazis do. It's a smoke screen
to be able to claim the protection of religious freedom
and nothing more. Some of their groups are so open
about that point they have "front" in their names.

There's no such implication that noe-Nazis have an
interest in actual Asatru to anyone other than a
religious bigot interested in making false statements
out of hate.

Pick a religion and you'll be able to find fundie parasites
that latch onto it and use its symbols or rhetoric without
practicing its tenants and generally not even knowing
what those tenants are.

Well, I can't do that because I'm not familiar with any new religions.

Who said anything about "new"?

Peter did.

Peter is anti-pathetic towards Heathenry ergo he's not going to be
balanced...

Hey, Peter, I bet you've never been insulted in that manner before!
I call .sig!

You are a troll...

Asserting that neo-Nazis are in some way Asatru is
religious bigotry in direct parallel to the neo-Nazis who
pretend it.

Hold it, Doug. Everyone has religious freedom,

Our has been infringed by people barging in and repeatedly making the
nazi slur...

Really? It prevents you from worshipping as you see fit?

alt.religion.asatru was the first place I met any co-religionists. I
thought I was alone in the world.

It functioned, for me at the very least, as a place where I could
express, to others, my religious experience...it was, as it were, a
cyber temple for me but these people with anit-heathen bigotry made it
difficult if not impossible, for many years, to do exactly that.

So yes, it did prevent me worshipping as I see fit, to an extent.

Has your religious practice prevented you from using a kill file?

No, that is a fair comment except for the fact that morphing nyms was
the order of the day, or so it would seem.

There is also the concern that people might use the opportunity, i.e.
being in a killfile to spread misinformation without any come back.

I haven't said anyone is practicing any religion. Someone else has said
he is practicing a religion, so it's not my place to dispute that.

Tell me though, do you think that the KKK are Christians?

What is it about my position that it isn't my place to dispute someone's
claim of being religious that isn't crystal clear to you?

I don't believe that you don't have an opinion either way on this point.

I have lots of opinions. I am choosing the shut the **** up.

Troll.

Is willful blindness and reading uncomprehension part of your
religious beliefs?

You're the one being willfully ignorant not me.

Think of it as my support of religious freedom.

Asatru is a religion that strongly supports religious freedom given
the fact that ours was violently suppressed in past by Christians...

If there's any group that we might oppose/hate etc it would be
Christians because of their violent repression of our historical
co-religionists.

Like when Djirkie said in

"I live it. It's not a joke.
Hezbolah and Hamas and the Taliban live it. They are not a joke either"

That doesn't sound very eccumenical to me...

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"
Old August 23rd 08, 11:11 PM posted to news.groups,alt.religion.asatru,alt.usenet.kooks,talk.us.rhode-island,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Juan Tootreego wrote in
:

wrote:
Doug Freyburger wrote:
"Adam H. Kerman" wrote:

[...]

You gotta lurve Djirkie.

Cuz if you don't, he'll get you.

Bertie

RFD - soc.religion.asatru.is-dead Aratzio Piloting 26 August 23rd 08 11:09 PM
RFD - soc.religion.asatru.is-dead Juan Tootreego[_2_] Piloting 0 August 22nd 08 06:57 AM
Asatru links Njikki teh Njazi Piloting 5 June 14th 08 06:16 AM
AUDIO: Bush jewish. Blair jewish. Howard jewish. Sarkozy jewish. 1.2 million muslims dead. Thousands of Americans dead. Trillion$ missing. [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 November 2nd 07 05:56 PM
"Religion in the U.S. Military" Mike Military Aviation 6 May 27th 04 06:45 PM