Teen driver hits parked jet at KTEB

Old January 13th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Teen driver hits parked jet at KTEB

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message online.com...
"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:

hose roads also have noisy, stinky vehicles that drive by
all times of the day and night, makes it hard to enjoy the ramp on a nice
spring day.

That road noise is also dangerous. It can be very distracting during the
run-up, for example, when one wants to be sure that all checklist items are
covered.

There ought to be a law.

- Andrew

Not to mention headlights shining when you are taking off into that black dark sky!

Old January 13th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Yeah, hopefully he/she has more than state mandated minimums on the
insurance. Seeing as learjets (used) start at around $2,000,000.00. It
looked like the right wing was thrashed.

--
John Huthmaker
PPL-SEL P-28-161

http://www.cogentnetworking.com
"George Patterson" wrote in message
newskUxf.424$sq.195@trnddc01...
Michael Ware wrote:
http://hercules.rr.com/rr/static/vid...ISDN_Large.swf

They claim the jet received "minor damage." I bet that teenager will be
amazed at how much it costs to repair minor damage on a plane.

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.

Old January 13th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

No problem for the parents. The teenager was 18.

John

--
John Huthmaker
PPL-SEL P-28-161

http://www.cogentnetworking.com
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
As a father, I just hope her dad bought lots of insurance!!

-Robert

Old January 13th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

(".Blueskies." wrote)
Looks like it pushed the jet around about 10° out of line. I'll bet the
damage is far from minor....

Dad standing in teenager's bedroom doorway holding two bills: This month's
cell phone overages and a Learjet repair bill.

Montblack

Old January 14th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"Montblack" wrote:

(".Blueskies." wrote)
Looks like it pushed the jet around about 10° out of line. I'll bet the
damage is far from minor....

Dad standing in teenager's bedroom doorway holding two bills: This month's
cell phone overages and a Learjet repair bill.

Montblack

Probably a toss-up which is bigger :-)
Old January 14th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

".Blueskies." wrote in message

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...
"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:

hose roads also have noisy, stinky vehicles that drive by
all times of the day and night, makes it hard to enjoy the ramp on a
nice
spring day.

That road noise is also dangerous. It can be very distracting during the
run-up, for example, when one wants to be sure that all checklist items
are
covered.

There ought to be a law.

- Andrew

Not to mention headlights shining when you are taking off into that black
dark sky!

It's a menace! We must shut down all roads!

DW

Old January 14th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I think it depends if she's still a dependant. If she's living at home
dad might be in trouble.

-Robert

Old January 14th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

My wife got hit recently in the car. Apparently the minimum in
California is only $5000 for liability which means I have to pay the
deductable on my collision insurance and then sue him for it.

-Robert

Old January 16th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 2006-01-14, Robert M. Gary wrote:
I think it depends if she's still a dependant. If she's living at home
dad might be in trouble.

Hm. Now assuming that the car driver gets landed with the bill, and lets
suppose the bill is $1M, and lets also (probably reasonably) suppose
that the driver or his family have no way to pay that bill, how does the
Lear owner recover the money? Is the driver now (assuming a typical
middle class income future) essentially indebted for life? Or would they
just declare bankruptcy?

--
Dylan Smith, Port St Mary, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net