Naviter Oudie Units Shipping Soon

Old April 6th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Naviter Oudie Units Shipping Soon

Hi,

I am absolutely overwhelmed by the very positive response to the new Naviter
Oudie. I have received 36 orders for them already! They should be shipping
from Slovenia this week if everything continues to go as planned. Therefore
I should have them in stock in about 1 to 2 weeks. I have ordered plenty of
extra units to cover additional orders.

The great news is that the U.S. dollar has recently strengthened relative to
the Euro - so the U.S. price for the Oudie (with SeeYou Mobile) has gone
down from $650 to $628. All units ordered from me will of course be sold at
the new lower price.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyou.htm

I can't wait to fly with mine!

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 6th 10, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I just learned that the Oudies are shipping from Slovenia today. I should
have them in less than 1 week.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 6th 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

"Paul Remde" wrote in message

Hi,

I am absolutely overwhelmed by the very positive response to the new
Naviter Oudie. *I have received 36 orders for them already! *They should
be shipping from Slovenia this week if everything continues to go as
planned. *Therefore I should have them in stock in about 1 to 2 weeks.. *I
have ordered plenty of extra units to cover additional orders.

The great news is that the U.S. dollar has recently strengthened relative
to the Euro - so the U.S. price for the Oudie (with SeeYou Mobile) has
gone down from $650 to $628. *All units ordered from me will of course be
sold at the new lower price.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyou.htm

I can't wait to fly with mine!

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Hi Paul,
Andrej was pretty clear that these would have some new features not
currently in SYM, but I have not seen any details. Are you aware of
any?

Brian
Old April 7th 10, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Brian,

I'm sure Naviter will make some announcements about the new features soon.

I believe that all or nearly all of the new user interface features will
also go into the PDA and PNA versions - not just the Oudie version. I don't
know if that will happen immediately, or eventually.

When I played with the Oudie at the SSA Convention the biggest improvement I
saw (at that time) was that the small tabs used to select different setup
pages have been removed. You now use big finger-sized buttons to move
through the setup screens. I was very happy to see that major improvement.

Below is a list sent to me by Andrej from Naviter in March.

What has been vastly improved is:
.. Menu buttons are larger
.. Settings buttons for selecting a page are huge, there is an additional
and button at the bottom of the screen to flip between pages
.. We have added a gesture for switching between pages in settings and
between Map/info/Statistics pages
.. There are large buttons at the top of Curosr Info pages to switch between
Airspace/Waypoints/Flarm/Assigned Area pages
.. The keyboard is now full screen with as large buttons as we could fit on
screen
.. The keyboard in addition to that disables the keys which are not in
context as you type
.. Tap and hold functionality was re-done for the PNA devices and works much
better now
.. You can now place "buttons" on the screen in form of navboxes which do a
particular task (for example switch to Statistics, Map2 etc)

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 7th 10, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ryanglover1969[_2_]

On Apr 6, 9:49*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I am absolutely overwhelmed by the very positive response to the new Naviter
Oudie. *I have received 36 orders for them already! *They should be shipping
from Slovenia this week if everything continues to go as planned. *Therefore
I should have them in stock in about 1 to 2 weeks. *I have ordered plenty of
extra units to cover additional orders.

The great news is that the U.S. dollar has recently strengthened relative to
the Euro - so the U.S. price for the Oudie (with SeeYou Mobile) has gone
down from $650 to $628. *All units ordered from me will of course be sold at
the new lower price.http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyou.htm

I can't wait to fly with mine!

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Hi Paul, Since the Oudie has a internal GPS, Does it generate an igc
file approved for records and badges?
Old April 7th 10, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Apr 7, 5:45*am, ryanglover1969 wrote:
[...]

file approved for records and badges?- Hide quoted text -

see the link to the Naviter Forum
http://www.naviter.si/component/opti...8/topic,3754.0

answer is no, not initially.
So I'd guess that it is the plans for the future.

Dan
WO

Naviter Oudie Should be Available in April 2010 Richard[_9_] Soaring 15 February 6th 10 10:40 PM
Old Garmin Units Newps Owning 7 April 8th 07 06:10 PM
Used Garmin 396 GPS units [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 July 28th 06 04:39 AM
Naviter site nimbusgb Soaring 5 June 17th 05 10:04 AM