Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 18th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Mxsmanic , IFR sensations, and some other stuff

Hi folks;
Please bear with me on this post. I've just spent the entire day
thinking about some things and have a few what I hope will be accepted
as friendly thoughts to share.

Keep in mind if you're reading this that what I'm going to say isn't
meant to be critical of anyone in any way and that I totally respect the
right of everyone on this forum to make up their own mind on these issues.

What I'd like to share with you are simply my own thoughts on some
things. All of what I'm saying here is simply how I personally view the
issues involved.
So bear with me as I try and get this stuff down without ****ing off
half the world in the process.

First of all, I've been reading a thread here where pilots are dealing
with Mxsmanic on the issue of physical sensation vs instruments in an
IFR environment, specifically when certain instrument failures are
either involved or suspected.
Without getting into a whole magilla concerning right and wrong, simply
let me say that in my opinion physical sensation should never, and I
repeat it again so that there's NO mistake....NEVER be used to verify or
augment an instrument reading. In my opinion, this is what proper scan
technique is all about. You verify instruments CONSTANTLY using other
instruments, right on down to primary panel if necessary, but in my
opinion, the basic concept of ignoring physical cues and sensations
while on instruments is a sound principle ans should be followed to the
letter.
Now, on to the subject of Mxsmanic.
I have no idea whether Mxsmanic was posting from knowledge or from a
source when he posted on the above issue, but in my opinion he was right
in what he was saying about physical sensation vs IFR procedure, and
yes, I am aware Mxsmanic doesn't fly.
Please know I'm not faulting those who take him on. That's between you
and Mxsmanic. If it's your choice to answer this person the way some of
you have chosen (and I've been just as guilty myself on occasion) then
that is your choice, and I'll make no attempt here to play internet cop
or even to try to change your mind. This is a matter of individual
choice, but I will try and explain to you how I personally will be
attempting to deal with Usenet from now on. If some of you follow my
lead, I'll be grateful, but if you don't, I won't attempt to chastise
you. It's totally an individual decision.

What I'm going to try and do on the forum from now on is to treat every
post I see and have addressed to me as an individual post. If the person
posting to me is respectful and polite, I won't care if it's someone I
like or dislike. I won't care if it's someone who blasted me with a
flame thrower the last time around. If that specific post is respectful,
I'll be answering that post in kind. If it isn't, I'll make a decision
to engage or pass based on my mood at the moment, but hopefully I'll be
able to pass on it. I'm going to try anyway.

Look guys and dolls, this forum is a great place to exchange
information. Most of us have enjoyed it here for eons. I for one don't
want to see this forum die out from becoming nothing more than an
exchange of venom from angry people.
What I'm saying here gang is that I for one have decided that unless
someone posts something disrespectful to me personally, I intend to give
people a decent shot...and yes, that goes for Mxsmanic and any other
simulator pilot who shows up here with a respectful on topic post.

Like I said gang, it's everybody's personal decision to make. I'm simply
stating here what I'm going to do myself. I'll not be ragging on those
who don't think the way I do on these issues.
I am hopeful however, that Mxsmanic and those who have been his
adversaries will simply read what I've said here and say nothing to each
other about it but rather simply and silently take a few steps backward
and consider re-engaging with each other, each giving a little without
saying or admitting they are giving a little.
Who knows; I'll be giving it a shot anyway.

My best to everybody here; friends, old enemies, and yes, Mxsmanic too.
--
Dudley Henriques

Apology re mxsmanic terry Piloting 96 February 16th 08 05:17 PM
I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 01:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 03:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 8th 06 11:26 PM
Feeling aircraft sensations Ramapriya Piloting 17 January 12th 06 10:15 AM