For those that want to contribute ahead of time to the annual r.a.*OSH party

Old June 27th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default For those that want to contribute ahead of time to the annualr.a.* OSH party

Jack Allison wrote:
Ron Natalie wrote:

We'll bring wine AND a cork screw this year (no using tie downs to
open the bottles).

You know Ron, if we talk nice enough to MontBlack, I'd bet he could add
a cork screw to the contents of the airplane of minivans. Then again, I
recall some interesting "wine in a box" threads (what's that I hear,
Paul googling for the reference?)...so...maybe bringing your own is a
good idea. :-)

If the wine is coming in a baggie, I think I'll drink gin instead.

If you dig through the pictures on Jay's site from one of the past
year's picnics you'll see me holding up one of those doggie anchor
tiedowns to the wine bottle (that's a joke son). Actually, Margy
was able to invite a neighboring camper to the party provided he
brought his corkscrew.

We normally travel with a case of wine with us to Oshkosh and the
key is that we park down in vintage and need to remember to bring
the screw with us to the North end.

Old June 27th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

We still don't know what we are doing. It is our 20th anniversary, so we
are looking at a "grand" vacation to some nether regions. Time is
running out and the MRS is pressuring ME to make a decision!
What's a MR MOM to do!!!!

WHAT? You're considering going somewhere OTHER than OSH during the
last week of July?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 27th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article ,
Ron Natalie wrote:

Jack Allison wrote:
Ron Natalie wrote:

[...]

I will provide a few corkscrews for the group. I manage to pick up a
couple each summer at our local picnic with the pops concerts, courtesy
of the caterers.
Old June 27th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

WHAT? You're considering going somewhere OTHER than OSH during the
last week of July?
:-)

Here are my options:
- Quebec city and bicyling around Isle de Orlean, then a five day
kayaking trip down a fjord to the St Laurence in northeast Quebec,
followed by a short flight to PEI and Nova Scotia for a few days of
exploring the fishing villages.
- a riverboat trip down the Snake and Columbia Rivers from Idaho to
Portland.
- Australia and/or New Zealand (it is winter there, so skiing is a
possibility).
Old June 28th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

("Jack Allison" wrote)
Here I thought maybe it was something about taking cash from a left
coaster...er, something :-)

Pesos. What am I going to do with Pesos? :-)

Montblack

Old June 28th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Here are my options:
- Quebec city and bicyling around Isle de Orlean, then a five day
kayaking trip down a fjord to the St Laurence in northeast Quebec,
followed by a short flight to PEI and Nova Scotia for a few days of
exploring the fishing villages.
- a riverboat trip down the Snake and Columbia Rivers from Idaho to
Portland.
- Australia and/or New Zealand (it is winter there, so skiing is a
possibility).

Dude -- all well and good -- but those things will wait.

OSH won't.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 28th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Jack Allison wrote:
Anyone who wants to chip in ahead of time so that folks like Jim B. and
MontBlack can have some working capital for buying food for the party,
e-mail me, Jim B. or Jay H. for Jim's Paypal info. Some people (who
shall remain nameless but tend to build awesome coolers for said event)
go way above and beyond providing foodstuffs...yet say things like "Oh,
just buy me a lollipop" when one tries to hand him cash. So, Jim and I
take matters into our own hands (well, Jim is the local guy buying
stuff, it was my idea, and Jay liked it too).

Jim promises me he won't go spend it all on something for the Aztec or
(burp) drink it all away :-P

It's either this or we blindfold and tie up MontBlack then stuff money
in his pockets. After MontBlack sweats in the OSH sun all day, I'd much
rather send Jim some funds via Paypal ahead of time.

Four weeks until our planned OSH arrival. Dang, I can almost smell the
brats :-P

BTW, a big thanks ahead of time to Jim and MontBlack for coordinating
the menu, hauling the grills/tables/food/etc. Those guys really knocked
themselves out last year...and I know that MontBlack is looking forward
to the debut of PMC 2.0. Does someone have the press release ready? :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Looking for empty seat from east coast near DC to Osh. Anyone going
that way? Will help with gas.

Will definitely contribute if I can make it there.

Monk

Monk

Old June 28th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

Try this...and you can still hit OSH.

www.sybaris.com

Old June 28th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

In article .com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Dude -- all well and good -- but those things will wait.
OSH won't.

What parts of MR MOM, WIFE, 20th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY did you not
understand? ;-)).... (AIDS scares me!)
Old June 28th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt

("John T" wrote)
Try this...and you can still hit OSH.

www.sybaris.com

OMG! They rent by the hour - afternoon, whatever. :-)

Montblack