Dynamic STX File Generator for US Airports

Old January 4th 10, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Default Dynamic STX File Generator for US Airports

This is to announce that in response to requests from hundreds of you,
the dynamic turnpoint file generator on my website now supports the
STX format used by ClearNav. OK, maybe it wasn't hundreds, but
several of you asked for it.

Using my turnpoint file generator, you can upload a file containing
your favorite list of turnpoints and then download a file containing
your points merged with current US airport information from the FAA.
Output formats include .CUP (for SeeYou, SeeYou Mobile, and
Strepla); .NDB (for the ILEC SN-10); .DAT (for Cambridge and others);
and now .STX for ClearNav. See the site for the list of input types
supported.

It's also possible to use my site to convert .CUP files to .STX
format. This is useful if you want to do your task planning in SeeYou
or Strepla and then load the result into ClearNav using the .STX
format.

Besides the usual data found in STX files, I also include (in a
comment column) additional information such as frequencies for weather
information, complete runway descriptions for all of the runways, and
(in the case of non-towered private airports) contact information for
the airport owner/manager. This last can come in handy if one happens
to land behind a locked gate. Currently the comments are longer
than can be conveniently displayed by ClearNav, but perhaps that will
change at some point in the future. And they can be read by loading
the file into a spreadsheet program such as Excel.

I've also made a couple of other improvements. For example, turnpoint
numbers are now used as the record number in CAI .DAT files, in which
non-turnpoint airports now appear in alphabetical order.

My website can be found at www.xmission.com/~lalley/aviation. It's
completely free, and the information on it may be freely
redistributed.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"
Old August 25th 16, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Sunday, January 3, 2010 at 7:48:15 PM UTC-5, 2KA wrote:
[...]

Hi Lynn; I'm trying to convert a .cup file to .stx for my Clearnav vario, and I get an XMission 404 - not found for the converter.

Dan
Old August 25th 16, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Hi Dan,

If you are still using the URL mentioned in my 2010 message...well, lots of things have changed since then. The current URL for my website is:

http://www.soaringdata.info

Follow the link from the airports tab to the airport query page.

Note specifically to use http: at the start instead of https:. My website does not support secure HTML at this time.
Old August 25th 16, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 12:24:31 PM UTC-4, 2KA wrote:
Hi Dan,

If you are still using the URL mentioned in my 2010 message...well, lots of things have changed since then. The current URL for my website is:

http://www.soaringdata.info

Follow the link from the airports tab to the airport query page.

Note specifically to use http: at the start instead of https:. My website does not support secure HTML at this time.

Hi Lynn, thanks! I had not looked at the airports tab - I've generated the file I need.
Dan

The Dynamic Duo (not Discus...) sisu1a Soaring 0 August 1st 08 02:52 PM
Dynamic Soaring on TV quietman Soaring 1 February 20th 07 11:48 PM
dynamic soaring bagmaker Soaring 15 January 23rd 07 05:08 PM
Aerospuul Dynamic Wt9 Steves News Home Built 1 August 28th 04 11:59 AM
Dynamic prop balance Ben Jackson Owning 18 June 27th 04 01:45 AM