Can't Download Flight Log From ClearNav Vario

Old August 28th 16, 01:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Can't Download Flight Log From ClearNav Vario

I can navigate to the Tools/Downloads page and select the file. When
pressing the bottom right button the display says "Downloading" and then
"Error". I've reformatted my thumb drive and tried downloading the file
that I downloaded from my previous flight but today's file won't
download. BTW, I was able to upload a profile file from the thumb drive
so I don't think the problem is with the drive or cable.

Any suggestions?
--
Dan, 5J
Old August 28th 16, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 8:14:53 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:

Any suggestions?

Please try a SanDisk Cruzer USB drive.

best,
Evan Ludeman for CNi

Old August 29th 16, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks Evan, but that's what I'm using. You recommended that to me when
I bought the CNvXC and I bought it.

Today my flight downloaded so I thought I'd download yesterday's flight
but it failed. I also tried the flight from the day before (which I'd
downloaded and posted the previous day) and it failed, too! So I tried
today's flight again even though it was already on the Cruzer and it
downloaded successfully. I'm mystified.

Dan

Old August 29th 16, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 9:11:29 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Thanks Evan, but that's what I'm using. You recommended that to me when
I bought the CNvXC and I bought it.

Today my flight downloaded so I thought I'd download yesterday's flight
but it failed. I also tried the flight from the day before (which I'd
downloaded and posted the previous day) and it failed, too! So I tried
today's flight again even though it was already on the Cruzer and it
downloaded successfully. I'm mystified.

Dan

On 8/28/2016 12:40 PM, Tango Eight wrote:
On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 8:14:53 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:

Any suggestions?

Please try a SanDisk Cruzer USB drive.

best,
Evan Ludeman for CNi

--
Dan, 5J

Dan,

Best give Gary a call tomorrow.

regards,
Evan
Old August 29th 16, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 5:14:53 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I can navigate to the Tools/Downloads page and select the file. When
pressing the bottom right button the display says "Downloading" and then
"Error". I've reformatted my thumb drive and tried downloading the file
that I downloaded from my previous flight but today's file won't
download. BTW, I was able to upload a profile file from the thumb drive
so I don't think the problem is with the drive or cable.

Any suggestions?
--
Dan, 5J

I've had a couple of flights that downloaded without error message onto a CN usb stick, but upon opening in See You or trying to post on OLC found they were incomplete. From now on, I plan on downloading them from the CN itself.
Old August 29th 16, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks, I will...

And, to Lash, I only have the vario, not the CN computer/display.

Old August 29th 16, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 9:58:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:

I've had a couple of flights that downloaded without error message onto a CN usb stick, but upon opening in See You or trying to post on OLC found they were incomplete. From now on, I plan on downloading them from the CN itself.

I don't know what you mean by "downloading them from the CN itself". If you are having a problem with your CN equipment, contacting CNi is the recommended course of action. If you are having a problem understanding the device or how to operate it, feel free to contact me. If you suspect hardware problems, contact Gary @ CNi (or rep in your region of the world if not US)..

While I do lurk on r.a.s. (filthy habit, I know), posting on r.a.s. really isn't the way I'd prefer to handle customer service.

http://clearnav.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php

best,
Evan
Old August 29th 16, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

No need to call Gary - he contacted me and asked me to try a few things
which I will do today. I don't know if Evan alerted him or if he also
lurks here, but that's what I call customer service!

Dan

Old August 30th 16, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 5:14:53 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I can navigate to the Tools/Downloads page and select the file. When
pressing the bottom right button the display says "Downloading" and then
"Error". I've reformatted my thumb drive and tried downloading the file
that I downloaded from my previous flight but today's file won't
download. BTW, I was able to upload a profile file from the thumb drive
so I don't think the problem is with the drive or cable.

Any suggestions?
--
Dan, 5J

I meant a couple would not download from the CN vario but downloading from CN has always been fine.