which Icom radio?

Old September 27th 04, 04:06 PM
Cub Driver

Default which Icom radio?

I am looking at the Icom radios, the big A-3 at $350 and the small A-5
at $300. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

This is to be my only radio, used on every flight. All flights are
short.

Thanks!

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
Piper Cub Forum www.pipercubforum.com
Viva Bush! www.vivabush.org
Old September 27th 04, 05:17 PM
Gilan

The Delcom Air960 is a neat little radio you can panel mount or use as a
handheld.
The radio looks exactly like the old ICOM design.
http://www.delcom.com.hk/detail.php3?lognum=10001

--
Florida Flying Gators annual Fly-in
http://www.mitchellwing.com/flying_g...annual_fly.htm

Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sport_Aircraft/

Old September 27th 04, 07:13 PM
kage

You can get the A5, a much more user friendly radio here for less:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9316 273&rd=1

karl
"Curator" N185KG

Old September 28th 04, 08:37 AM
Gilan

We can supply Delcom AIR960 airband transceiver at USD288.00 including
postage. It comes with 600mAH ni-cad battery, wall charger, antenna, belt
clip, vynal case, carry strap , manual and one fuel tester. Payment can be
made by T/T to our bank in Macau. We also accept credit card, visa or
master. (please send us your credit card details by fax. Our fax number is
0011 853 827639.) http://www.delcom.com.hk/air960manual.html

NO BANK DRAFT

Best regards,

Leona

Old September 28th 04, 10:05 AM
Cub Driver

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:13:27 -0700, "kage"
wrote:

You can get the A5, a much more user friendly radio here for less

I put in the list prices only for reference. I haven't started
shopping yet; I'm interested in what I should shop for!

I specified Icom because you-all seem to think it's the greatest, and
so does my daughter the sailor. But now that I look around I begin the
year for the Vertex version of the Yaseu I now own, for all the
reasons I bought the Yaseu over the Icom in the first place. The
Vertex promises 5 watts.

Old September 28th 04, 02:00 PM
Thomas Borchert

Cub,

because you-all seem to think it's the greatest

No. I like the Vertex.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 29th 04, 11:11 AM
Cub Driver

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 05:05:51 -0400, Cub Driver
wrote:

But now that I look around I begin the
year for the Vertex version of the Yaseu I now own, for all the
reasons I bought the Yaseu over the Icom in the first place.

For what it's worth, I bought the Vertex Aviator Pro V. Put my Yaseu
Aviator Pro II on eBay and sold it. All in the same hour