contact info for Dave Ellis

Old December 9th 05, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default contact info for Dave Ellis

Does anyone have contact information for Dave Ellis?

Thanks in advance,

Ray Warshaw
1LK

Old December 9th 05, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Raphael Warshaw wrote:

Does anyone have contact information for Dave Ellis?

Thanks in advance,

The Member Locator function on the SSA site has an entry for him. Have
you tried that?

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Old December 10th 05, 07:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Eric,

I've been using this quite a bit in the past six months. First in
preparation for our state soaring seminar, secondly in preparation for
the SSA convention. Folks, check out your own information and see if
your address and especially if your phone info is correct. If not, let
the office know. There are plenty of dead phone numbers in there, cell
offerings being what they are these days.

On the upside, you should be able to update your personal data sometime
in 2006, all being well.

Frank Whiteley

Old December 10th 05, 09:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Frank Whiteley wrote:
There are plenty of dead phone numbers in there, cell
offerings being what they are these days.

The problem is bigger than that. When I gave the SSA a phone
number 20 years ago, it didn't occur to me that it would show
up on something called the 'internet' way in the future. It's
been a bad number for at least 15 years, and I see others just
like that in the locater database.

On the upside, you should be able to update your personal data sometime
in 2006, all being well.

Which won't do anything about the SSA members who never go to the site,
or who wouldn't know to check their contact info. If the numbers
are going to be published, seems like there ought to be some better
mechanism to keep them updated.

-Dave