New SkySight color scheme

Old October 22nd 18, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default New SkySight color scheme

Just had a look at the "new and improved" coloring of forecast maps in SkySight. In the areas East of the Mississippi, are we ever going to see the warmer colors or even green again for thermal height? I know the answer: Nope
Is Matt's favorite movie 'Frozen'?
Herb
Old October 22nd 18, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I guess if it turns yellow or red you have better banked up some goodwill with the wife so you can go outside and play on those days. Sandhill is just 4sm from Hell. Literally. Hell, Michigan. We like warmer colors there Matt.

Also...

Note to club instructors: On days like these, please switch it up a bit and take your students soaring for a change of pace. Show them what they're working towards ultimately and set the hook! Thanks.
Old October 22nd 18, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, October 22, 2018 at 10:13:13 PM UTC+2, wrote:
I guess if it turns yellow or red you have better banked up some goodwill with the wife so you can go outside and play on those days. Sandhill is just 4sm from Hell. Literally. Hell, Michigan. We like warmer colors there Matt.

Also...

Note to club instructors: On days like these, please switch it up a bit and take your students soaring for a change of pace. Show them what they're working towards ultimately and set the hook! Thanks.

It's the fall special, a collaboration with SkySight and Disney. You get a free Elsa doll with every subscription and a personally sung rendition of "Let It Go".

I have changed the colour scale to something more 'optimistic' for Eastern USA. Part of the upgrades we're launching at the moment will let you choose scales/colour schemes of your own liking.

As usual it's better to email or use the website support rather than post here, as I only sporadically check RAS (only every hour or so apparently)
Old October 24th 18, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

I hope one of the options is to revert to the original color scheme. There is a learning curve when you start using a new piece of software and having the color scheme in mind made it easier to quickly discern the conditions for the day. Now, I'm having to go back and forth to the color bar on the right to relearn how to read the charts.

PA
Old October 24th 18, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

You can get the original version at old.skysight.io
Old October 24th 18, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

You can get the original version at old.skysight.io

I do apologise for inconvenience caused, we tried not to surprise anyone by having a long beta period and now drip feeding the improvements rather than doing them all at once.

The new colour scheme is very similar to the previous version, just with a slightly expanded range of colours - one of the most common criticisms of the previous version was trouble identifying the difference between one colour and the next, so by stretching the colour palette slightly we're able to increase the difference between steps.

As mentioned above, we are working on adding some degree of user control to the scales, mostly for the intent of serving our colourblind users with a couple more choices, but if demand is there it will be extended further to support other weird and wonderful scales of your choosing.

https://old.skysight.io/ has the previous version of SkySight and it will remain available until we're sure everyone has been able to get onto the new site and their needs are being met. We are not seeing much traffic to the old site, so I am hoping most people are happy with the ongoing developments.

Regards,
Matthew

You can get the original version at old.skysight.io

[...]

I may be dim but I can't find a fader for the colours on the new version.

You can get the original version at old.skysight.io

[...]

The purpose of the opacity slider on the old version was so that you could slide it down to read the map labels underneath - on the new site the labels are rendered on top of the map, so I didn't see a usecase for a slider any more. It's easy to add back, but what are you using it for?
Old October 25th 18, 07:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I use the slider a lot to compare the overlying predicted conditions to the underlying terrain.
Old October 25th 18, 10:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 2:10:20 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I use the slider a lot to compare the overlying predicted conditions to the underlying terrain.

Me too.