Below the line

Old March 21st 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Below the line

What does "below the line" mean, apparently with reference to checklists?

Old March 21st 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

What does "below the line" mean, apparently with reference to checklists?

What does it matter to you, fjukkwit?

You don't fly, and you especially don't fly multi crew ariplanes, wannabe
boi.

You couldn't possibly understand it..

Bertie
Old March 21st 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Mar 21, 1:35 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
What does "below the line" mean, apparently with reference to checklists?

I know you are pretty proud of the aviation knowledge that you have
gained. However, as with most aspects of life, without the proper
letters behind your name people are not going to see as you an expert
in anything. One good solution for you (that is pretty inexpensive)
would be to aquire an Advanced Ground Instructor rating. You can buy
study materials (if you think you need to study), then you just go
down and take the FOI and AGI written tests, and POW, you are the
holder of an "Advanced Ground Instructor" FAA certificates. You never
have to step into an airplane, FBO, or ever see a CFI. I can assure
you that you will be treated with more respect after you have letters
behind your name.

-Robert

Old March 21st 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Robert M. Gary writes:

I know you are pretty proud of the aviation knowledge that you have
gained. However, as with most aspects of life, without the proper
letters behind your name people are not going to see as you an expert
in anything.

How people see me is not very important. I worry about what I know, not about
what others think I know.

One good solution for you (that is pretty inexpensive)
would be to aquire an Advanced Ground Instructor rating. You can buy
study materials (if you think you need to study), then you just go
down and take the FOI and AGI written tests, and POW, you are the
holder of an "Advanced Ground Instructor" FAA certificates. You never
have to step into an airplane, FBO, or ever see a CFI. I can assure
you that you will be treated with more respect after you have letters
behind your name.

An interesting and intriguing suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm 6000 miles away
from the nearest testing location, so I can't really follow up on it right
now.

Old March 21st 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Mar 21, 2:57 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Robert M. Gary writes:
I know you are pretty proud of the aviation knowledge that you have
gained. However, as with most aspects of life, without the proper
letters behind your name people are not going to see as you an expert
in anything.

How people see me is not very important. I worry about what I know, not about
what others think I know.

The quality of responses you get from your posts is directly related
to the amount of respect people have for you.

One good solution for you (that is pretty inexpensive)
would be to aquire an Advanced Ground Instructor rating. You can buy
study materials (if you think you need to study), then you just go
down and take the FOI and AGI written tests, and POW, you are the
holder of an "Advanced Ground Instructor" FAA certificates. You never
have to step into an airplane, FBO, or ever see a CFI. I can assure
you that you will be treated with more respect after you have letters
behind your name.

An interesting and intriguing suggestion. Unfortunately, I'm 6000 miles away
from the nearest testing location, so I can't really follow up on it right
now.

I believe this testing center is only about 20 minutes from most
anywhere in Paris by Metro

LE BOURGET CEDEX
LASFR003
FLIGHT SAFETY SCHOOL
AEROPORT DUDOURGET BP 25-BT 404
FRANCE
MAUD DUBOSQ

-Robert

Old March 21st 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Moore

Mxsmanic wrote
What does "below the line" mean, apparently with reference to checklists?

At the "old" PanAm, the takeoff checklist was divided by a line into
those items that could be accomplished at anytime after the taxi CL,
and those items that must be done after line-up on the runway. While
in TO position, some pilots would call for the "Final Items" while
others would call for "Below-the-Line"....same result.

Bob Moore
ATP B-707 B-727
PanAm (retired)

Old March 21st 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Robert M. Gary writes:

I know you are pretty proud of the aviation knowledge that you have
gained. However, as with most aspects of life, without the proper
letters behind your name people are not going to see as you an expert
in anything.

How people see me is not very important. I worry about what I know, not
about
what others think I know.

I'm assuming you spent at least a couple minutes searching Google, right?

DW

Old March 21st 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Bob Moore wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote
What does "below the line" mean, apparently with reference to checklists?

At the "old" PanAm, the takeoff checklist was divided by a line into
those items that could be accomplished at anytime after the taxi CL,
and those items that must be done after line-up on the runway. While
in TO position, some pilots would call for the "Final Items" while
others would call for "Below-the-Line"....same result.

Bob Moore
ATP B-707 B-727
PanAm (retired)

In my business this is what we call a lineup check. Same result I would
believe.
Dudley Henriques

Old March 22nd 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave[_3_]

Ahhhh...

Through all the "noise"...

Bob and Dudley come through a good answer to a good question by MX..

Now I know the answer as well..

I have learned something...

...I DID NOT KNOW THIS.....

I am soooo ashamed.. (Dave hangs head and shuffles feet)....

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:03:14 -0400, Dudley Henriques
wrote:

Bob Moore wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote
What does "below the line" mean, apparently with reference to checklists?

At the "old" PanAm, the takeoff checklist was divided by a line into
those items that could be accomplished at anytime after the taxi CL,
and those items that must be done after line-up on the runway. While
in TO position, some pilots would call for the "Final Items" while
others would call for "Below-the-Line"....same result.

Bob Moore
ATP B-707 B-727
PanAm (retired)

In my business this is what we call a lineup check. Same result I would
believe.
Dudley Henriques

thrust line for engine and not mounting engine on this thrust line tommyann Home Built 8 December 15th 06 03:31 PM
Dew point line??? (USA) Steve Leonard Soaring 2 July 21st 06 06:51 PM
Red line Emilio Military Aviation 2 June 5th 04 04:49 AM
Getting students to line up with the center line BoDEAN Piloting 27 April 21st 04 11:23 AM
Any On-Line OSH ATC? Paul Dow Home Built 0 July 28th 03 03:03 PM