A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

NASA Pik-20E Log Books / $500 Reward

Old February 10th 21, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Shelton[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default NASA Pik-20E Log Books / $500 Reward

I'm restoring a Pik-20E that was formerly owned by NASA. Unfortunately, NASA can't seem to locate the log books. My sources at Dryden believe that one of the pilots or mechanics may have taken the log books home at some point.. It's probably a long shot, but I'm offering a $500 reward for the log books. If you know anyone who used to work with this aircraft, please let them know. Thanks!
Old February 10th 21, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.
external usenet poster

David:
According to Bertha Ryan's biography of Einar Enevoldson, he flew that glider a lot when he was at Dryden. He might know where they are. I assume his contact information is with the SSA.
Good luck
ROY
Old February 11th 21, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Daryl Kinney
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 5:47:48 AM UTC-8, Roy B. wrote:
David:
According to Bertha Ryan's biography of Einar Enevoldson, he flew that glider a lot when he was at Dryden. He might know where they are. I assume his contact information is with the SSA.
Good luck
ROY

Here it is....

Old February 11th 21, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Shelton[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 4:53:52 PM UTC-8, Daryl Kinney wrote:
On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 5:47:48 AM UTC-8, Roy B. wrote:
David:
Good luck
ROY

Here it is....

Thanks guys. I will definitely reach out, and I just ordered a copy of his book.
Old February 11th 21, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

If you have the time could you post a short write up on what NASA was doing with this glider? Thanks.

On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 8:32:21 PM UTC-8, David Shelton wrote:
I'm restoring a Pik-20E that was formerly owned by NASA. Unfortunately, NASA can't seem to locate the log books. My sources at Dryden believe that one of the pilots or mechanics may have taken the log books home at some point. It's probably a long shot, but I'm offering a $500 reward for the log books. If you know anyone who used to work with this aircraft, please let them know. Thanks!

Old February 14th 21, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 9:57:08 AM UTC-8, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
If you have the time could you post a short write up on what NASA was doing with this glider? Thanks.

Absolutely! My first priority is to get the ship flying, but I'm planning to put the history online at some point.
Old February 16th 21, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 12:58:50 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 9:57:08 AM UTC-8, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

Absolutely! My first priority is to get the ship flying, but I'm planning to put the history online at some point.

Losing your logbooks, for what ever reason, is a royal PITA. To guard against this photograph every page and upload it to a photo sharing site such as FLICKR.

Tom