Perpetual Motion Attained

Old November 16th 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Perpetual Motion Attained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvRzWYCZ2e0

Best Regards,
Gary Osoba
Old November 17th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Nov 16, 12:25*pm, wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvRzWYCZ2e0

Best Regards,
Gary Osoba

Yup, it's winter..

If this is going to work we have to understand the engineering aspects
of cats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL...eature=channel

If we could just figure out how to get the cats to sand our wings.

Cheers,
Craig Funston
Old November 17th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chris

On Nov 16, 3:25*pm, wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvRzWYCZ2e0

Best Regards,
Gary Osoba

This is convenient, because with the global economy like it is, cats
cost less than winglets and are readily available in sizes to fit
nearly all wing planforms and airfoils.

Chris
Old November 17th 08, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chipsoars

On Nov 16, 9:07*pm, chris wrote:
On Nov 16, 3:25*pm, wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvRzWYCZ2e0

Best Regards,
Gary Osoba

This is convenient, because with the global economy like it is, cats
cost less than winglets and are readily available in sizes to fit
nearly all wing planforms and airfoils.

Chris

The point seems to be that a cat and some jelly would then prevent
landouts?!!
Old November 17th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

On Nov 16, 6:16*pm, chipsoars wrote:
On Nov 16, 9:07*pm, chris wrote:

On Nov 16, 3:25*pm, wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvRzWYCZ2e0

Best Regards,
Gary Osoba

This is convenient, because with the global economy like it is, cats
cost less than winglets and are readily available in sizes to fit
nearly all wing planforms and airfoils.

Chris

The point seems to be that a cat and some jelly would then prevent
landouts?!!

No, some cats some CARPET and some jelly would prevent landouts,
sheesh.

Obviously with the winglet reference, there is a strategic place to
attach some white carpet on the wingtips to get the cats to rotate
above, thus reducing wingtip vortices. Actually a rather ingeneious
method of dynamically dealing with the problem instead of the standard
passive aerodynamic tip treatments. The real trick is to get the cats
spinning the correct direction, from there it's a snap.

-Paul
Old November 17th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On Nov 16, 9:07*pm, chris wrote:

On Nov 16, 3:25*pm, wrote:

[...]

-Paul- Hide quoted text -

That reminds me of "The Endochronic Properties of Re-Sublimated
Thiotimoline" by Asimov.
Old November 17th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

But you'll never be able to find a thermal; while you are in sink the
cats will be screaming "Can I has cheeseburger" and you'll think it is
the audio on your vario.

At 02:34 17 November 2008, sisu1a wrote:
On Nov 16, 6:16=A0pm, chipsoars wrote:
On Nov 16, 9:07=A0pm, chris wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DwvRzWYCZ2e0

Old November 19th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

On Nov 17, 12:45*pm, Nyal Williams wrote:
But you'll never be able to find *a thermal; while you are in sink the
cats will be screaming "Can I has cheeseburger" and you'll think it is
the audio on your vario.

Nyal's reference to cheeseburgers may have escaped most (but not all)
glider pilots. Living in a cat-house, I know that he is referring to
http://icanhascheezburger.com web site. Enjoy.

- John