CAI 302 date problem

Old May 5th 16, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Kinsell[_2_]

Default CAI 302 date problem

On Tue, 03 May 2016 13:41:11 +0000, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:

At 13:07 03 May 2016, wrote:
Google on the 302 Data Port User's Guide. I don't see any way to set a
dat=
e shown in that manual. It does mention another document called the
Secure=
BIOS User's Guide that may include such details but I've never been
able
t=
o find a copy of that document anywhere.

RS

On Tuesday, May 3, 2016 at 2:46:06 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Dear All The CLEAR LOG command in See You Moile works very easily so I
wonder

can
=
SEE You mobile also e used to set the date and time in the Camridge 302

at
=
the start of a days flying? Anyone know what the command is and correct
sy=
ntax for the date and time?
See You mobile retains the command in a drop down menu so it would e

easy=
to do each day=20
=20
Thanks for your help Martin =20

From what you say, it would seem that your problem lies in the Real Time
Clock on the GPS25 engine and not in Cambridge hardware.

Phil Schlosser at Clearnav should be able the replace the RTC battery
and reset the clock.

The problem is that the RTC forget which epoch (1024 weeks) it is in,
the rest of the Time comes from satellites.

Time to spend a little money.

You can buy a much more capable logger for a lot less than it costs to
repair the 302's, at least in the U.S.

Old May 6th 16, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tomasz Sielicki

On Wednesday, May 4, 2016 at 8:26:46 PM UTC-5, David Kinsell wrote:

((SNIP))

You can buy a much more capable logger for a lot less than it costs to
repair the 302's, at least in the U.S.

When I looked at page 17 of XCSoar Manual:

Supported external devices and features,

I knew I want to keep my CAI302. Next to LX Vario it's the one that has ALL columns "checked": Declaration, Remote ctrl., Download, Airspeed, Vario, Baro altitude, Wind, G-Sensor. It's so much more than just a logger. I sent both 302+303 to Gary Kammerer at ClearNav and got them back after 9 days.

Tomasz

FSDO enforcement- GPS before effective date - which date to put in Aircraft Log for Part 43? Ron A. Instrument Flight Rules 18 March 15th 06 02:30 PM
First Date Jay Honeck Piloting 35 September 14th 05 04:42 AM
FS2004 date FWI Brian Summers Simulators 0 August 10th 03 04:24 AM
GPS 90b out of date? Roger Long Piloting 2 August 8th 03 03:58 PM
Need a date.... Sagz525 Instrument Flight Rules 2 July 23rd 03 02:34 PM