Crazy Glider Videos

Old November 25th 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

Default Crazy Glider Videos

Here are some YouTube videos all entitled "Crazy Glider" (or
variations).

Now, why can't we have an SSA party like THIS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1FCN...ture=rec-HM-r2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFaz...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaF_9...eature=related

- John

Old November 25th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HoUdino

That is absolutely the best video I've ever seen for soooo many
reasons. The advantage of non-certified aircraft has never been more
exploited to create an audience. Great to see one fixed wing doing
loops...we should have tag along with more.

LT

Old November 25th 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_2_]

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 05:44:41 -0800 (PST), ContestID67
wrote:

Here are some YouTube videos all entitled "Crazy Glider" (or
variations).

Now, why can't we have an SSA party like THIS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1FCN...ture=rec-HM-r2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFaz...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaF_9...eature=related

Jeez, what's crazy about ridge flying and steep lazy-eights?

rj
Old November 26th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Loops in a PARAGLIDER is freeking RAD! I can't wait to not do that.
Old November 26th 08, 11:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dennis[_3_]

On Nov 25, 11:44*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
Here are some YouTube videos all entitled "Crazy Glider" (or
variations).

Now, why can't we have an SSA party like THIS?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1FCN...ture=rec-HM-r2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFaz...eature=related

- John

For those of you not familiar with paragliding, those "loops" are
actually forward tucks or tumbles of the wing, as in OUTSIDE (but
positive G) loops! You could still fall into the wing, though.--
Dennis

Old November 26th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

On Nov 26, 5:02 am, Dennis wrote:

For those of you not familiar with paragliding, those "loops" are
actually forward tucks or tumbles of the wing, as in OUTSIDE (but
positive G) loops! *You could still fall into the wing, though.--
Dennis- Hide quoted text -

Well loops in a paraglider seem downright sane in comparisson to
this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPnIJ...eature=related

Watch at about 4:40 when the jumper goes into IMC!!!!!

Pete
Old November 26th 08, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_1_]

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 05:10:19 GMT, Eric Greenwell
wrote:

My last thought would be "Hope they put this on YouTube!"

You can find a couple of videos picturing exactly this on youtube.

Bye
Andreas
Old November 26th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rocha

For the first one (coupe icare at st hilaire) you can get more info
at:
http://www.coupe-icare.org/GB_home.html

It's an annual event close to Grenoble in France... lots of fun.