Getting close.

Old June 12th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Crash Lander[_1_]

Default Getting close.

Went up again on Saturday morning.
I arrived, ready to do a dual flight to knock of the remaining items yet to
be covered, but instead found that my instructor had been double booked with
another student who was yet to solo.
The wind was very, very light, and pretty much across runway 17, so I
suggested I do some solo cross wind circuits, whilst he took the other
student for a lesson.
It was agreed, and the wind quickly picked up enough to legitimately allow
the session to be called cross wind circuits.
I did 10 circuits in total this day, with a quick jaunt 5 miles into the
training area to practice a few steep turns, and to practice re-entering the
pattern again.
Was good this time because there was not only me in the pattern, as is the
case 90% of the time I've been up. There was the other student in a Cessna
152, and several other a/c arrived during the time, and slotted in between
us, as well as a helicopter coming and going a few times. The Cessna 152 and
I started pretty much opposite each other in the circuit, (as he was lifting
off, I was half way down the downwind leg), but towards the end of the
session, I had caught up on him a bit, with me almost ready to turn final,
just as he was touching down. For some reason, he seemed to be flying an
extra wide pattern, so I found myself slightly widening my pattern, and
reducing my speed a little to avoid getting any closer.
Had no problems with anything this session, and did a total of 1.4 hours,
bringing my total to 19.7 hours which is a measly 0.3 short of the minimum
required time!
I now need only 2 hours of solo time to reach 10 solo hours, which entitles
me to my pax endorsement, so the school is going to hold off processing my
paperwork until I have that too.
In 2 weeks time, we'll do a dual session, to complete the uncovered items,
and I'll also do my BAK after that lesson too.
Crash Lander
--
http://straightandlevel1973.spaces.live.com/
I'm not always right,

Yak close call gatt Piloting 40 December 30th 06 03:07 AM
Close Call Paul kgyy Piloting 15 August 24th 05 10:19 PM
Too close? Too small? [email protected] Rotorcraft 55 June 19th 05 05:07 PM
It was really close... Jay Honeck Piloting 166 May 22nd 05 01:30 PM
Too close... Rod Tomlinson Piloting 2 August 16th 04 06:06 PM