OT - Anyone here own a restaurant?

Old January 11th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default OT - Anyone here own a restaurant?

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
If I were you I'd build the restaurant and lease it to someone with
proven experience in the biz.

Great idea.

Where do you find these mythic creatures?
--
Jay Honeck

When your ready to learn more and go on to the next phase call Sysco Foods
or McFarland, they help people START restaurants.

DW

Old January 11th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

As long as the resturaunt is easily accesible for the non-aviation folks.

Old January 11th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
If you are going to depend on the pilot community - be careful what
you deem a fly-in restaurant. When I think fly-in food, places that
are across the street or down the street, do not jump to mind.

A fly-in restaurant should allow you to park your plane right outside the
restaurant... You should even be able to see it while you're eating...
Carl's BBQ at EYQ is one such place... The problem with a lot of airport
restaurants is that non-aviation people rarely go there and as such, they
have trouble making it... There's just not enough pilots around to make your
entire business dependent upon them... You need to have a restaurant that
will appeal to the local population... Carl's BBQ is one such place...

The restaurant at New Orleans Lakefront Airport (NEW) probably has the best
view of the field of any airport that I've experienced... There is a massive
floor to ceiling glass wall overlooking the runway and Lake Pontchartrain...
Lunch usually consists of a reasonably priced buffet that is reasonably
appetizing... The lunch crowd seemed to be mainly people who worked in and
around the airport, although since there are a lot of workers around there,
they could get away with it I guess...

Old January 11th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jose wrote:
I've never run a restaurant, but I've heard it's a very slim margin
business. I've been a restaurant customer in many restaurants that have
run up against their margins. They had one choice: either raise their
prices, or lower their quality. Every restaurant that chose the latter
failed.

Slim margins are OK. You just have to do it over and over and over and
over .... again. Grocery stores are good at it.
Old January 11th 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Slim margins are OK. You just have to do it over and over and over and over .... again. Grocery stores are good at it.

True. But you have to do it right =every= time.

Jose
Old January 11th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

We want to call it "the Tower"

Hey! That was my name submission from the contest.

I better get a free dinner Jay!

Brad

Old January 11th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Yep, I fly at C29, not far from LNR

Old January 11th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Brad" wrote in message
oups.com...
We want to call it "the Tower"

Hey! That was my name submission from the contest.

I better get a free dinner Jay!

Brad

If the food sucks people might call it the Barf Bag!

------------------------------------
DW

Old January 11th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Not a clue but I'd guess there are restaurant management magazines out there
where you could advertise for them.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
If I were you I'd build the restaurant and lease it to someone with
proven experience in the biz.

Great idea.

Where do you find these mythic creatures?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Old January 11th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("Darkwing" wrote)
If the food sucks people might call it the Barf Bag!

Call it ....Doolittles Air Cafe - I know where there's a big neon sign soon
to be available. g
http://www.doolittlesaircafe.com/giftcards/

Montblack