Trackers at WGC 2014 Leszno

Old July 29th 14, 08:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dennis Linnekin[_2_]

Default Trackers at WGC 2014 Leszno

Each day, 15 sailplanes from one class will carry a tracker provided by the Contest. Today it will be the Open Class and DB will be equipped. Here's the link: http://live.way.aero/wgc_leszno_2014/ Link is also available at the upper left corner of the WGC Leszno Web Page: "Live Tracking System"

Old July 29th 14, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:18:42 AM UTC-7, Dennis Linnekin wrote:
Each day, 15 sailplanes from one class will carry a tracker provided by the Contest. Today it will be the Open Class and DB will be equipped. Here's the link: http://live.way.aero/wgc_leszno_2014/ Link is also available at the upper left corner of the WGC Leszno Web Page: "Live Tracking System"

Thanks Dennis,

Just watching DB finish now. Great stuff!

Cheers,
Craig
Old July 29th 14, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
7K

And there are quite a few pilots using Spots and InReach too. http://glideport.aero/wgc2014
Old July 29th 14, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If you view 15meter pilots you can see 011 using an IPhone 4S to transmit 4 second tracking resolution in real time on GlidePort.aero! Watched him make a low save yesterday and today! 011 is the GlidePort developer flying for his native country of Serbia.

If you don't have the link go to glideport.aero - Poland - click on the aero club and the click on WGC contest. That will get you to the map with the tasks.

You can use the same technology by downloading the free app in the Apple Store.

Lane
XF
Old July 30th 14, 12:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:34:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
If you view 15meter pilots you can see 011 using an IPhone 4S to transmit 4 second tracking resolution in real time on GlidePort.aero! Watched him make a low save yesterday and today! 011 is the GlidePort developer flying for his native country of Serbia.

If you don't have the link go to glideport.aero - Poland - click on the aero club and the click on WGC contest. That will get you to the map with the tasks.

You can use the same technology by downloading the free app in the Apple Store.

Lane

- Not to take away from this great project, but isn't the signal spotty? My ATT iPhone wireless service works up to about 4,100ft msl around midwest and this barrier has been pretty consistent - regardless of tower region I found myself flying around.
Old July 30th 14, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:35:48 PM UTC-7, wrote:
- Not to take away from this great project, but isn't the signal spotty? My ATT iPhone wireless service works up to about 4,100ft msl around midwest and this barrier has been pretty consistent - regardless of tower region I found myself flying around.

Works better if you get low every so often.

;-)

Old July 30th 14, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Take a look at 011 in the 15 meter in Poland and you tell me if it looks spotty!

App is designed for robustness. Buffers until it hits a signal. Download and try it. It's free. What more can we offer to make you try it?

Lane
Old July 30th 14, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Upon arriving to Poland, I was told by the local experts that mobile tracking was not going to work. In fact, it does work great, even at altitudes.

The pre-release version of GlideTrack for Android is available at http://glideport.aero/GlideTrack/index.html
(Will get the release version in the Play Store when I get back.)

More info about GlideTrack including the source code is at https://github.com/glideport/GlideTrack

Cheers. Pedja
http://tiptop.com/011

PS. You can also see the top 15m tracks after the flight at http://glideport.aero/wgc2014
(Click the left button on the bottom of the screen to go to the previous day.)
Old July 30th 14, 08:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

Default Trackers

In the UK we are having some success using internet linked ground stations
to track flarm equipped gliders. The stations which are based upon
Raspberrt Pi with a usb tv receiver (cost about $50) need to be around
20-30k apart.

Might also be good for US contests especially around the start finish.

Take a look at cunimb.fr/live/ at 14:00 gmt today and you will see what I
mean.

Jim

Old July 30th 14, 10:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Justin Craig[_3_]

The UK Club Class are on day 5 today. The website has excellent tracking
using the flarm data. Well worth a visit.

http://clubclass.onglide.com/current-day.xml

By the time you guys in the US are awake they should be well on their way.

Sisteron SGP 2014 RRK Soaring 29 May 21st 14 09:40 AM
Video from WGC 1968 in Leszno wiktor256 Soaring 0 December 3rd 10 07:30 PM
RAAF Amberley Airshow ca.1976 - Grumman Trackers TacAN Aviation Photos 0 January 10th 09 06:22 AM
Two gliders collide in Leszno, Poland Tomasz Sielicki Soaring 3 July 2nd 04 04:33 AM
Check scores of World's Best over Leszno, Poland 2003 Andre Volant Soaring 1 July 31st 03 11:51 AM