Jack Brown's Seaplane school in FL?

Old February 24th 04, 01:42 AM
Peter MacPherson

Default Jack Brown's Seaplane school in FL?

Thinking about going there for a float plane rating and would appreciate any
feedback, pro or con, on his operation.

TIA,
Pete

Old February 24th 04, 01:53 AM
B25flyer

Thinking about going there for a float plane rating and would appreciate any
feedback, pro or con, on his operation.

Go for it. 90HP Cubs on floats. Will take all of two days if the WX cooperates.
It is the only "fun" rateing that I have and it was well worth it.
And just remember this. The only difference between concrete and water is that
water is wet.
Walt
Old February 24th 04, 03:47 PM
B25flyer

Does that Cub have an electric starter?

No starter. Stand on the float and prop it from behind.

Will add that Browns do a super job and they work your tail off. The CFI that I
used had over 2000 hours of seaplane instruction given. The ck ride was over
an hour and covered eveything. I had three simulated engine failures and one
partial power.

On the sailing and docking part, the examiner had me sail taxi to a gator that
was about 100 feet from the bank. Got close before he ducked under.

Walt