Dream Panel

Old September 10th 15, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dream Panel

On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 11:15:00 PM UTC+2, wrote:
Was wondering what would be your dream panel if cost was not a factor and why you would choose the instruments you do?

For the looks and function I like this guy's panel:
https://ls8project.files.wordpress.c...5/img_5109.jpg

What I really would like is context aware Instruments. E.g. before flight it displays the checklist. The items are ticked off when you correct the state: For example lock the airbreaks.
Radios that suggest frequencies according to position (its coming i know)
It should display landing check-list when near an airport. Inform you of weather changes along the planned route.
Head mounted display, that displays basic data such as thermal assistant, traffic and navigation data.
Old September 10th 15, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 2:56:37 PM UTC-4, Werner Schmidt wrote:
ND wrote 2015/09/01 at 14:35:

aww c'mon, you know what i mean. that panel just happens to capture
"the look" i'm describing.

huh - thought it was about the instruments :-D

regards
Werner

that's the problem, post said dream PANEL. most people only think about packing in all the highest tech instruments and that's it.

MY dream panel is not that.
Old September 23rd 15, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Pengelly

On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 4:40:45 PM UTC+1, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 3:15:51 AM UTC-7, Muttley wrote:
I like this one
http://1drv.ms/1JtO14c
LX Nav (experimental) in a JS1

Nice, notice the Russian helicopter in the background. I would still want a mechanical ASI, and altimeter as back up and a LX V3 with UPS battery pack as a back up vario. With this panel there is no space for back up instruments in case you lose power to the main bus.

Dream panel for me would be LX9070 with V80 and AHRS, compass, flaps, and remote stick options. LX V3 vario with UPS battery so I have a backup vario if I lose the main bus power. Air-avionics radio and transponder core, so one panel hole and transponder is controlled by radio, NMEA output so the transponder will have ADS-B, Butterfly vario, power flarm core, winer 57 mm ASI and Altimeter, and while I am not sure why compasses are still required equipment I would find a bohli (might as well get the best.

This is pretty much what I'm planning for my new ship. A few (probably stupid) questions for you: 1) What is the smallest battery that the LX V3 would have? 2) Why both the V80 and the Butterfly Vario? Can't the V80 do everything that the Butterfly can do? 3) Any idea if all that would all that fit in a JS1's panel? By my reckoning, with the jet control unit taking up one slot then there wouldn't be enough space for both the V80 and the Butterfly but that's a guess.
Old September 24th 15, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

This is pretty much what I'm planning for my new ship. A few (probably stupid) questions for you: 1) What is the smallest battery that the LX V3 would have? 2) Why both the V80 and the Butterfly Vario? Can't the V80 do everything that the Butterfly can do? 3) Any idea if all that would all that fit in a JS1's panel? By my reckoning, with the jet control unit taking up one slot then there wouldn't be enough space for both the V80 and the Butterfly but that's a guess.

Regarding JS1 panel, in my opinion if you stick with LXNAV 9000 (V8 and not V80), all 2.25 instruments, and Trig radio and transponder tightly "stacked" or the yet to be released Air Avionics Air Com there is enough room. One 2.25 instrument will have to go under the panel in the raised floor pan instrument area. That instrument should be a "look only" instrument such as an altimeter or compass.

Redundancy is the reason for the LXNAV 9000/V8 and Air Avionics Butterfly and they should have no common plumbing including probes.

PM me your email address and I'll send you a paper "mock-up" picture.
Old September 24th 15, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

The LXV3 has a battery pack UPS you can buy with it that will power the instrument with full audio for 8 hours or more. That is the pack I would use.
As for why Butterfly and LX 90XX with V8, in one instrument you have a back up vario with audio, speed to fly, instatainious wind, navigation, final glide, Flarm display, Flarm radar, data logger, horizon and perhaps a few others I am missing. Not cheap but then the question was "dream panel".

On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 1:56:26 PM UTC-7, Jim Pengelly wrote:

This is pretty much what I'm planning for my new ship. A few (probably stupid) questions for you: 1) What is the smallest battery that the LX V3 would have? 2) Why both the V80 and the Butterfly Vario? Can't the V80 do everything that the Butterfly can do? 3) Any idea if all that would all that fit in a JS1's panel? By my reckoning, with the jet control unit taking up one slot then there wouldn't be enough space for both the V80 and the Butterfly but that's a guess.

I have a dream. A GPS/SBAS/QZSS dream ! In honour of MLK day. macpacheco Instrument Flight Rules 2 January 19th 11 12:39 AM
A Dream franck jeamourra Piloting 0 March 27th 04 07:43 PM
A dream franck jeamourra Simulators 0 March 25th 04 12:26 PM
a dream franck jeamourra Military Aviation 0 March 25th 04 06:27 AM
a dream franck jeamourra Owning 0 March 25th 04 06:26 AM