morse code

Old December 28th 03, 05:18 PM
Sandra Oevering

Default morse code

I know there are so many problems in the united states, but I am trying
to help my sister, she wants to tell her boyfriend in the
Air Force that she loves him by morse code, she needs to have a listing
of the alphabet letters in morse, so she can write and relay the
message, he is over seas and she has never said that to him, and he is
learning morse code, she wants to do theis for New Years andyone
would like to help, email ( Thank You )

Old December 28th 03, 06:49 PM
Dave LaCourse

Sandra writes:

I know there are so many problems in the united states, but I am trying
to help my sister, she wants to tell her boyfriend in the
Air Force that she loves him by morse code, she needs to have a listing
of the alphabet letters in morse, so she can write and relay the
message, he is over seas and she has never said that to him, and he is
learning morse code, she wants to do theis for New Years andyone
would like to help, email ( Thank You )

Morse Code is made up of dots and dashes, i.e., the letter F is (..-.). However
it doesn't *sound* like that. If you were listening to Morse code, the letter
F would sound like this: dididahdit. Your sister will find it easier if she
writes it as it sounds. Go to this Ham's website:
http://www.kluft.com/~ikluft/ham/morse-intro.html

Understand dididahdahdidit
d;o)

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Old December 29th 03, 08:59 PM
Jim H

No prob

I Love You

DiDi didadidi dadada dididida di dadadida dadada didida
... .-.. --- ...-
.. --.. --- ..-

That should do the trick

Jim

Old December 29th 03, 09:10 PM
John Miller

Jim H wrote:
I Love You

DiDi didadidi dadada dididida di dadadida dadada didida
.. .-.. --- ...-
. --.. --- ..-

Um...I see "qou" and "zou".

"You" is

dadidada
-.--

--... ...--,
--
John Miller, N4VU
My email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

QOTD: "I tried buying a goat instead of a lawn tractor; had to return
it though. Couldn't figure out a way to connect the snow blower."

Old December 30th 03, 03:03 PM
Jim H

Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded
by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone
to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have
neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises
and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions
the manner in which I provide it!

I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I
suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post.
Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

"John Miller" wrote in message
Jim H wrote:
I Love You

DiDi didadidi dadada dididida di dadadida dadada didida
.. .-.. --- ...-
. --.. --- ..-

Um...I see "qou" and "zou".

"You" is

dadidada
-.--

--... ...--,
--
John Miller, N4VU
My email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Good lord :O
John your right Really messed that "Y" up should have been "Y"
idada -.--Guess I am a bit more rusty then I thought...
I have always been dyslexic never with morse before however...
Hummmmm need to take out the old bug and pratice, Been about 20 years
since I used morse. ..

"73s" and hapy new year

Jim H
WD9FCR

Old December 30th 03, 03:57 PM
Dave LaCourse

Jim H. writes:

Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded
by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone
to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have
neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises
and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions
the manner in which I provide it!

I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I
suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post.
Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

"John Miller" wrote in message

Uhhhhhh, what the hell does this have to do with the fact that John Miller is
correct: Y is dahdidahdah, not Q is dahdahdidah. "I love quo." Doesn't make
a helluva lot of sense.

Oh, and by the way, before you answer with another flame, I've done my 20.
Retired in '76 after 20 years in the Navy, tyvm.

Old December 30th 03, 05:40 PM
John Miller

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Uhhhhhh, what the hell does this have to do with the fact that John Miller
is
correct: Y is dahdidahdah, not Q is dahdahdidah. "I love quo." Doesn't
make a helluva lot of sense.

Dave, I read that as just a long sig that got misplaced at the top of a
post.

Best regards,
--
John Miller
ex-CTR

My email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Even God lends a hand to honest boldness.
-Menander

Old December 30th 03, 06:56 PM
Dave LaCourse

John Miller writes:

Best regards,
--
John Miller
ex-CTR

When were you in, John, and where were you stationed.

Dave (CTTC [ret])

Old December 30th 03, 11:45 PM
dano

John Miller, N4VU
My email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Good lord :O
John your right Really messed that "Y" up should have been "Y"
idada -.--Guess I am a bit more rusty then I thought...
I have always been dyslexic never with morse before however...
Hummmmm need to take out the old bug and pratice, Been about 20 years
since I used morse. ..

"73s" and hapy new year

Jim H
WD9FCR

Uh-oh this is a summons from the radio police...you are hearby summons to
appear before the ham community to explain your egregious use of "73" as a
plural 8-)

73 de dano aka KE4FZT (no code tech and proud of it