Barographs?

Old October 25th 20, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim S

Default Barographs?

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 9:02:47 AM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
I've two old Peravia barographs - with a couple rolls of paper. These were very elegant mechanisms that punched a tiny perforation in a continuous roll of waxed paper every 6 seconds. The drums marked the paper for time so that it was possible with a Peravia to record both altitude and the exact time of the altitude. The paper became quite scarce but it could be made out of household wax paper. Free to a good home. You pay for shipping.
ROY

Hi Roy,
Can you message me? I would love to have one and get it working.
Jim
Old October 25th 20, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim S

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 9:02:47 AM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
I've two old Peravia barographs - with a couple rolls of paper. These were very elegant mechanisms that punched a tiny perforation in a continuous roll of waxed paper every 6 seconds. The drums marked the paper for time so that it was possible with a Peravia to record both altitude and the exact time of the altitude. The paper became quite scarce but it could be made out of household wax paper. Free to a good home. You pay for shipping.
ROY

Is my email
Old October 25th 20, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

Well, the barographs got snapped up and I am happy about that. While looking for them I also found (from the same era) 2 Kodak Instamatic 126 cameras fitted to a turn point mount and 8 boxes of unused Verichome Pan B&W film for them. State of the art . . . 45 years ago. Free for shipping. Any takers?
ROY
Old October 25th 20, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim S

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 6:39:01 PM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
Well, the barographs got snapped up and I am happy about that. While looking for them I also found (from the same era) 2 Kodak Instamatic 126 cameras fitted to a turn point mount and 8 boxes of unused Verichome Pan B&W film for them. State of the art . . . 45 years ago. Free for shipping. Any takers?
ROY

Hi Roy, Not to be crazy, but those would be perfect to have with the graphs.. I will respectfully decline if anyone else is interested. Thanks.
Old October 26th 20, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy B.

You've got them Jim.

Old October 26th 20, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim S

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 7:48:20 PM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
You've got them Jim.
ROY
Hi Roy, Not to be crazy, but those would be perfect to have with the graphs. I will respectfully decline if anyone else is interested. Thanks.

Thanks Roy!
Old October 26th 20, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 11:28:29 AM UTC-6, Jim S wrote:
Thanks Eric, Will see if I can find one of those. Having a manufacturer name will help.

On Saturday, October 24, 2020 at 11:48:09 AM UTC-4, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Jim S wrote on 10/24/2020 8:02 AM:
I was mainly interested in the mechanical, smoke type. Was not interested in one for competition but mainly to use for historical interests.
I’m not a collector necessarily in aviation items but I do have two aviation sextants (A-10) and a drift meter. Although I don’t shoot stars, the sun and the moon from the cockpit, I have spent a fair amount of time shooting the sun in my backyard.
Wanting a workable barograph is in line with these interests.

The Replogle is a mechanical, wind-up barograph that can use smoked foil, but the pressure
sensitive chart paper was much easier to use. I did use smoked foil a few times on a ???
barograph, but it was messy to smoke the foil, and misting some lacquer on it after the flight
was tricky - so easy to smudge the smoke on the foil and lose the trace.. So, smoked foil to GPS
traces - I prefer the GPS traces for flying, but the Replogle is prominent on my "shelf museum".

https://sites.google.com/site/weersc...asa-barographs if still available.
Old October 26th 20, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Replogle-Ba...-/323754532912
Old October 26th 20, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I wonder...Â* Will the SSA or IGC still accept a barograph trace?

I got all my Diamonds with a Replogle and an Instamatic.Â* Great fun!

--
Dan, 5J
Old October 26th 20, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Monday, October 26, 2020 at 11:23:40 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
[...]

According to the Sporting Code, no. see my post of Oct 18.