As heard on 123.3........

Old October 6th 20, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default As heard on 123.3........

For an afternoon diversion, radio story starting at at 56 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nuAZfKSvvg
Old October 6th 20, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
joel!!!!@yahoo,com

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 1:17:51 PM UTC-7, John Sinclair wrote:
Honey, the trailer CAME OFF!
WHAT! WHERE?
Just outside of town!
Is the trailer all right?
Yes
(Pause)
Is the car all right?
Yes
(Long pause)
Are you all right?
Yes........ (longer pause).......Thanks for asking!
😳JJ

I've got one I heard years ago at a contest in Cordelle -Author "The late Great Andy McQuigg" Someone on "Ocean" 123.45 = "What are those tall Black Things on course?" Andy responds in a nano second = "Basketball Players"
Old October 7th 20, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

On 10/6/2020 12:52 PM, Thomas Dixon wrote:
Airlines - some will remember the wild plane paint jobs and Flight Attendants Uniforms.

Yup, I remember.Â* And I still have my 3-stripe pilot's uniform and ID card.
--
Dan, 5J
Old October 7th 20, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

About 20 years ago our beloved, local character Tony Benson (P4) was up on a beautiful late summer day in his ASW-20. Suddenly, a panicked call from one of the other gliders (44), an LS3 (now El Bondo) comes over the radio.

44 (tense): Tony, something just let go in the glider, there was a huge bang.
P4 (calm): 44, can you fly straight and level.
44 (tense): I think so, but something broke. Oh my God.
P4 (calm): Keep everything steady. Where are the flaps.
44 (very tense): I was thermalling. Oh my God.
P4 (calm): Okay, well can you go to neutral?
44 (super tense): I don't know.
...... This goes on for several more iterations, as P4 talks 44 down off the ledge and gets him comfortable that the airplane is still totally contrallable.
P4 (calm): By the way, if this doesn't work out, can I have the trailer?

Post script. It was just a trim spring that let go with a big "ca-boing".

P3

Honey, the trailer CAME OFF!

Old October 7th 20, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gkemp

Years ago flying in a contest at Minden, I believe it was

Andre Dumest Long transmission in French.
Other: Keep it short!
Dumest It is short, in French it just sounds longer.
Old October 7th 20, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

On Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 11:52:58 AM UTC-7, Thomas Dixon wrote:
On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 2:17:51 PM UTC-6, John Sinclair wrote:
Honey, the trailer CAME OFF!
WHAT! WHERE?
Just outside of town!
Is the trailer all right?
Yes
(Pause)
Is the car all right?
Yes
(Long pause)
Are you all right?
Yes........ (longer pause).......Thanks for asking!
😳JJ

John,
This was not on 123.3 but still, at the time got everybody's attention. While on final approach to Saigon in the late 60's on a Braniff Int. Airlines - some will remember the wild plane paint jobs and Flight Attendants Uniforms. From the cockpit one of the pilots reported the temperature and humidity in Saigon, both were high, then said. "...and the ground fire is light to moderate." It was very quiet for a few moments and then there was the sound of forced laughter. Great way to arrive!!!

Boise, ID

Those freedom-bird flights were much anticipated and appreciated! I escaped Nam on a DC-8.............quiet as a mouse till we broke ground, then the whole plane erupted into a crescendo of YEAH BABBY, WE MADE IT OUT ALIVE!
Thanks,
JJ...........16th Tac Recon
Old October 7th 20, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

JJ, I've said it before, and I'm saying it again, you should write a book...

Boggs
Old October 7th 20, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

French pilot to English Controller: Tower, Haystack 123 five south for landing.
English controller: Haystack 123, say again type of aircraft
French pilot: Haystack. Haystack. Alpha Zulu Tango Echo Charlie.

Old October 8th 20, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jay Campbell

On Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 5:29:35 PM UTC-4, wrote:
French pilot to English Controller: Tower, Haystack 123 five south for landing.
English controller: Haystack 123, say again type of aircraft
French pilot: Haystack. Haystack. Alpha Zulu Tango Echo Charlie.

At Perry one year. Open class glider heavy with water, Tow pilot Phil LaBerge:
Glider: add five knots please
Pause
Glider: add five knots please
Pause
Glider: add five knots please
Phil: we're at 2200 AGL, how high do you want to go?
Silence
Old October 8th 20, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy Byars[_5_]

ATC: Intruder 234, the Petersburg WV glider wave window is active, glider traffic 12 o'clock ten miles.
Intruder: We are at 19,000ft, what does that have to do with us?
ATC: Sir, those gliders are above you.

Heard on 123.3 PMSC Member Soaring 2 June 27th 08 01:47 AM
Heard on the air Roy Smith General Aviation 0 January 19th 07 03:03 AM
Heard on the air Jon Woellhaf Piloting 1 January 29th 05 02:45 AM
Anyone Heard anything about this ... john smith Piloting 0 January 1st 05 06:20 PM
Don't think I've ever heard that one before Paul Tomblin Piloting 7 November 11th 03 09:11 PM