As heard on 123.3........

Old October 8th 20, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default As heard on 123.3........

On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 10:27:07 AM UTC-4, Guy Byars wrote:
ATC: Intruder 234, the Petersburg WV glider wave window is active, glider traffic 12 o'clock ten miles.
Intruder: We are at 19,000ft, what does that have to do with us?
ATC: Sir, those gliders are above you.

LOL - I was at the wave-camp in Petersburg, WV that year and heard that exchange!

Uli
'AS'
Old October 8th 20, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 10/5/20 8:47 AM, AS wrote:
On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 4:30:06 AM UTC-4, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 02:51 05 October 2020, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Flying out of Parowan several years ago these 2 Germans flying out of Ely
Nv come up on 123.3
After a bit it sounds like there together, low, trying to dig out.
They go wall to wall for a couple of minutes.
There's a little break and some wag keys up his Mic and says " Hey you
Germans, Your in America, Speak Spanish.
That really cracked me up!
Nick

During a Competition:
Crew to Pilot: " You have the Car Keys in your Pocket!"

Another 'Classic' one is 'Hey [XYZ] - your mic is stuck!'

Uli
'AS'

A chatty pilot from a neighboring club was complaining about his battery
voltage dropping. "It' 8 volts! Now it's 5! Wait, it down to zero!!"

Don't know how I resisted getting on the radio and saying it sounds
pretty darn good for zero volts.
Old October 9th 20, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 8:42:50 PM UTC-4, Dan Fitzgerald wrote:

😳JJ

A day with heavy radio chatter prompted a remark from a pilot at a neighboring club: "It sounds like the Elsinore crew is going up at 500 words per minute!".

Back in the day, the operation at Wurtsboro was famous for a couple of guys with German accents who relentlessly provided position reports (note: no point is more than 10 miles from the local airport).

- Ver are u Hans?
- I am at ze Neville. Ver are u Franz?
- I am at ze zand pit.
- (10 minutes later) Ver ar u now Hans?
- I am at ze gravel pit. Ver are u Franz?
- I am at ze hang glider launch.

After about 3 hours of this the second (last ) guy announces entering ze pattern at Wurtsboro.

Tony Benson comes on the radio, hums a few bars of the Star Spangled Banner, and announces in a heavy German accent "Zis concludes our daily broadcast from Radio Free Wurtsboro. Join us again tomorrow, zame time, zame frequency". Radios up and down the east coast erupted with atta=boys and laughter.

Old October 9th 20, 07:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jock Proudfoot

At 02:06 09 October 2020, Papa3 wrote:
On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 8:42:50 PM UTC-4, Dan Fitzgerald

wrote:

Not on 123.3, but fun

GA Aircraft: (during a long hold) I'm fu***** bored.
Controller: The last transmitter, identify yourself immediately.
GA Aircraft: I said I was fu***** bored, not fu***** stupid.
Old October 9th 20, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

From the Senior Championship, SLGP.
Call signs will be omitted.

" Glider XYZ, you will climb better if you raise your gear."

Answer:

"I'm urinating." (thick foreign accent, apparently his pee tube only worked with the gear down.)

Walt Connelly

Old October 9th 20, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"ZYX, do you think I am an a**hole?'

"Yes, ABC, you are an a**hole."

(1/2 hour later)

"ZYX, do you really think I am an a**hole?'

"Yes, ABC, you are."

(1/2 hour later)

"ZYX, do you still think I am an a**hole?'

(exasperated) "No, ABC. You are a wonderful guy!"

"Gee thanks, ZYX. You know your gear is down?"

Old October 12th 20, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chip Bearden[_2_]

The details are hazy but IIRC, at the practice day for an uncomfortably warm and humid midwestern regional contest in the 60s involving a national champion pilot and his attractive wife:

Wife: "___, are you going to be landing soon? I'm hot and I want to go back to the motel."

Chorus of male voices cheering, hooting, and whistling, with one pilot enthusiastically offering to land and accompany her if hubbie wanted to keep flying.

Chip Bearden
JB
Old October 12th 20, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On Sunday, October 4, 2020 at 4:17:51 PM UTC-4, John Sinclair wrote:
Honey, the trailer CAME OFF!
WHAT! WHERE?
Just outside of town!
Is the trailer all right?
Yes
(Pause)
Is the car all right?
Yes
(Long pause)
Are you all right?
Yes........ (longer pause).......Thanks for asking!
😳JJ

Not on 123.3.....but good anyway.....
Regional contest, late day, pilots and crew hanging out, BS'ing, having a beer...
GF/crew shows up, looks at pilot BF....
The rabbit died!
Total silence of the group....
Find out, their crew car was a VW Rabbit (golf in other markets)...."rabbit died" meant something different in the US decades ago...;-)
Old October 13th 20, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

Second hand:

XYZ, on final, your gear is up.
XYZ: What?
XYZ, your landing gear is up!
(goes on a while. Finally)
XYZ: I can't hear you guys. There is some darn buzzer going off in here.

First hand. Littlefield TX standard class nationals -- one of the first with D2 like gliders that load really heavy and the nose points up a lot. Towpilots fly in from around the state, many used to towing 2-33's all day long.

Pilot: Towplane x, 5 more knots.
(noise)
Pilot: TOWOPLANE X, 5 MORE KNOTS!
(noise)
Pilot: TOWOPLANE X, 70 KNOTS NOW!

Next tow:
Pilot: TOWPLANE X, 5 MORE KNOTS!
PIlot: TOWPLANE X 5 MORE KNOTS NOW!

This keeps going on for several tows until finally

Towplane x: What do y'all wanna fly so fast for anyhow?

John Cochrane

Heard on 123.3 PMSC Member Soaring 2 June 27th 08 01:47 AM
Heard on the air Roy Smith General Aviation 0 January 19th 07 02:03 AM
Heard on the air Jon Woellhaf Piloting 1 January 29th 05 01:45 AM
Anyone Heard anything about this ... john smith Piloting 0 January 1st 05 05:20 PM
Don't think I've ever heard that one before Paul Tomblin Piloting 7 November 11th 03 08:11 PM