Class B Camper Van Wanted

Old November 27th 18, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron (Sr)

Default Class B Camper Van Wanted

I'm looking for a used camper van in good condition to replace my crunched 1993 Pleasure Way van that was my traveling soaring home. Should be 2000 or later in decent condition. Only interested in Class B vans that can be street parked.
Old November 27th 18, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 7:27:45 PM UTC-5, Matt Herron (Sr) wrote:
I'm looking for a used camper van in good condition to replace my crunched 1993 Pleasure Way van that was my traveling soaring home. Should be 2000 or later in decent condition. Only interested in Class B vans that can be street parked.

Hi Matt
We have a 2014 Winnebago 25P that can be street parked. Plus you can stand up, cook, has a dinette to sit at and work, a generator to charge battles and run A/C if it gets to hot. You can take a shower after flying / before dinner or before you get into your full size bed, lots of storage for all your gear. On top of all that I bet it gets better MPG than you Pleasure way.
Glen
Old November 28th 18, 06:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Monday, November 26, 2018 at 4:27:45 PM UTC-8, Matt Herron (Sr) wrote:
I'm looking for a used camper van in good condition to replace my crunched 1993 Pleasure Way van that was my traveling soaring home. Should be 2000 or later in decent condition. Only interested in Class B vans that can be street parked.

Matt:
The diesel MB Sprinters would top my list. Have driven a few vans/campers of that size and they seem the best. The new 6-cylinders are good, my brother has an older 5-cylinder which is a good engine and doesn't use Adblue (DEF).
Used ones are $50k or so.
Jim
Old November 28th 18, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron (Sr)

Hi Jim: I agree with you about the sprinter.

I actually found a sprinter for 20k, It had 210,000 miles on it, but appeared to be in excellent condition. As you know, the mileage is not excessive for a diesel, but the van was the long wheelbase model, and really excessively large for my needs. I passed it up.
I'm not in a great hurry. The ideal van will turn up. Soaring season's a few months away.
Thanks for your advice.
Matt Herron

Old November 28th 18, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Tuesday, November 27, 2018 at 11:06:44 PM UTC-7, Matt Herron (Sr) wrote:
Hi Jim: I agree with you about the sprinter.

I actually found a sprinter for 20k, It had 210,000 miles on it, but appeared to be in excellent condition. As you know, the mileage is not excessive for a diesel, but the van was the long wheelbase model, and really excessively large for my needs. I passed it up.
I'm not in a great hurry. The ideal van will turn up. Soaring season's a few months away.
Thanks for your advice.
Matt Herron

We had a Pleasureway Plateau TS, based on the newer Sprinter 3500 long-wheelbase dually and it was the finest glider trailer tow vehicle I have ever owned. The newer 6-cylinder diesel is more complex than the older 5-cylinder and can't use fuel that's more than 5% biodiesel. Also, watch out for the load capacity of the 2500-based Sprinters - some approached the legal weight limit.

Mike