How many Glider Rides in one day

Old October 27th 03, 01:33 AM
cloud nine

Default How many Glider Rides in one day

I know you Guys have given a lot of rides in one day but how many is the
most for one person?

Old October 27th 03, 01:57 AM
Gerritjan

I know you Guys have given a lot of rides in one day but how many is the
most for one person?

my max. is 12...

Old October 27th 03, 03:49 AM
BTIZ

12 half hour rides would be 6hrs plus seat swapping time.. that is a bit of
work..

Old October 27th 03, 06:55 AM
Iain Russell

6 hours in the back seat of a Blanik yesterday for 12 launches. 7 hours and
1 launch in my Astir the previous day.

Iain

Old October 27th 03, 09:42 AM
Markus Feyerabend

Hi,

in 1999 I did 26 rides (between 4 and 6 minutes each)
in a Doppelraab in one day.

Regards,
Markus

Old October 27th 03, 03:48 PM
Kirk Stant

Checking my scruffy old logbooks, on October 6, 1996 I gave 15
commercial glider rides at Turf Soaring: 1 acro in an ASK-21 (logbook
note says "She was a screamer but enjoyed it"!); 9 rides in my
favorite SGS 2-32 (the first was a "photo flight for the group",
whatever that was), and 5 more rides in a Grob 103A (which do not
appear to have been acro). At the time I was helping out as a part
time backseat stick actuator when groups from Phoenix resorts would
show up (40 or more at a time) for rides. OK in October, ugly in May
when the temps got into the 100's!

A month later (Nov 10) I gave 8 back to back acro rides in a G-103A -
that was a lot more work!

And my daily total is surely no better than average...

I don't remember any of those flights except for the screamer - she
was exceptional! I just love those 5 point harnesses...

It's a great way to build experience and time; and it is a lot of fun
most of the time - you meet some really fun people.

Kirk
Ls6-b "66"
Old October 27th 03, 06:37 PM
Robert Ehrlich

During last August I was 1 week in another club where
people had asked for help for an intensive ride
session. Some other pilots were flying rides in others
2 seaters during the same time. The principle was short
flights in the morning (time to glide back from winch launch
at 400m, i.e. 5 min) and longer (~ 15-20 min) in the afternoon.
The ground crew was very efficient by preparing the next
passenger before the flight with an extra parachute before
the landing. Nevertheless, my best day shows only 10 flights.
The limiting factor was the retrieve time for the winch cables
(2 cables only). During some morning flights, I lengthened the
flight, as lift was already available and the winch was not ready.
Old October 27th 03, 07:41 PM
tango4

12 aerotows before midday once.

First was at about 9:15. 4 Students each took 3 aerotows. Pupe and self
landed short, stayed strapped in and towed off from rest position for 3
launches then swapped to next pilot. All were just pre solo and we went
through full CB- checks before eacn flight, one got a 'challenging' rope
break ( the last launch of the series ) and then went solo later in the day.
( My first solo signoff )

Ian

Old October 27th 03, 11:10 PM
Hank Nixon

"cloud nine" wrote in message ...
I know you Guys have given a lot of rides in one day but how many is the
most for one person?

Have done 25 in a day several times. But I was younger then.
Think most was maybe 28.
Now keep to instructing. Most days 10-15 is enough.
UH

Glider Rides - Gift Michael Simulators 1 December 7th 04 11:46 AM
"I Want To FLY!"-(Youth) My store to raise funds for flying lessons Curtl33 General Aviation 7 January 10th 04 12:35 AM
Glider rides? Kbh2u General Aviation 2 November 15th 03 07:52 AM
Glider rides? Kbh2u Piloting 1 November 7th 03 02:02 AM
I wish I'd never got into this... Kevin Neave Soaring 32 September 19th 03 12:18 PM