Lowrance 2000C ???

Old March 15th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mark Hansen

Default Lowrance 2000C ???

On 03/14/07 21:28, Darrel Toepfer wrote:
Mark Hansen wrote:

In reading the documentation for the 2000c, the manufacturer expects
the batteries to be used as an emergency backup only, and that normal
operations of the unit should be via ship power.

FYI

But old planes tend to have crappy ship power outlets, frequently they are
even disconnected...

And the manufacturer says in that case, you can use a supplemental battery
supply which they can sell you. Most people who purchase the unit will have
ship power though, and won't need it.

My point was that it is unreasonable to expect the unit to do something which
the manufacturer says it is not designed to do.
Old March 15th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Can the 2000C also operate with the backlight off? I can get 10+ hours on
the internal battery of the GPSMap 296 when using reflected ambient light
instead of the backlight. The reflected light is usually adequate for
daytime use.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Old March 15th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mark Hansen

On 03/15/07 09:40, Mike Noel wrote:
Can the 2000C also operate with the backlight off? I can get 10+ hours on
the internal battery of the GPSMap 296 when using reflected ambient light
instead of the backlight. The reflected light is usually adequate for
daytime use.

I read in the user's manual that the backlight can be turned on and off.
I don't know how long the unit would run on the batteries with the backlight
off.
Old March 15th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tri-Pacer

I found one at $689.50 for that price I can't go wrong.

Cheers:

Paul
NI431A

Where did you find a new one for that price?

Regards,
Bud

WWW.avionicswest.com

Old March 16th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

I read in the user's manual that the backlight can be turned on and off.
I don't know how long the unit would run on the batteries with the backlight
off.

I find the 2000c to be virtually un-viewable without the backlight
on.

Since I have it permanently plugged into ship's power, that's not a
problem for me. However, if I needed a GPS for use in a plane without
an electrical system, this would be serious drawback.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 16th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
dave

I just saw one of these units for the first time last week at the pilot
shop at KLNS. Very nice display. I have a garmin 196 and a 430 in the
plane. It's amazing that virtually every hand held produced in the
last 5 or 6 years has a substantially better display than the 430. I
still prefer the B&W 196 display over the color 430 display.

Good luck with the new unit.
Dave
M35

Tri-Pacer wrote:
I just looked at one of these jewels yesterday and I am impressed. Is anyone
using one? How do you like it. I'd really like to hear pro's and cons. I'm
presently using a King Skymap IIIC and could probably sell if for what a
Lowrance 2000C would cost.

Thanks

Paul Anton

N1431A

KPLU

Old March 16th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tri-Pacer

After looking at one of these in a static condition I went ahead and ordered
one. I finally flew one yesterday. I'm an IA and delivered a plane I had
annualed. I found as soon as I got within any distance at all of any SUA a
huge nag screen came up completely covering my position.

Is this nag screen something I will be able to turn off?

My Skymap simply brightens the SUA boundry which is ample warning.

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

Old March 17th 07, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

"Tri-Pacer" wrote in message . ..
:
: After looking at one of these in a static condition I went ahead and ordered
: one. I finally flew one yesterday. I'm an IA and delivered a plane I had
: annualed. I found as soon as I got within any distance at all of any SUA a
: huge nag screen came up completely covering my position.
:
: Is this nag screen something I will be able to turn off?
:
: My Skymap simply brightens the SUA boundry which is ample warning.
:
: Cheers:
:
: Paul
: N1431A
: KPLU
:
:

Yes, you can customize the 'warnings'.

I got mine for about that price also. Did you get terrain?

Dan D.

Old March 17th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tri-Pacer

:

Yes, you can customize the 'warnings'.

I got mine for about that price also. Did you get terrain?

Dan D.

Good point I "Think" it included terrain I'll go back on the Web site and
check. If it didn't than add around $100.00 to my price. :-(

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A

Old March 17th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Mar 17, 10:18 am, "Tri-Pacer" wrote:
:

Yes, you can customize the 'warnings'.

I got mine for about that price also. Did you get terrain?

Dan D.

Good point I "Think" it included terrain I'll go back on the Web site and
check. If it didn't than add around $100.00 to my price. :-(

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A

Their website says the $690 includes terrain. It is a Sun 'n Fun
special.

Bud