Bi-Ennual Flight Review (BFR) with ATC COMS - Video.

Old August 16th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Bi-Ennual Flight Review (BFR) with ATC COMS - Video.

Bi-Ennual Flight Review (BFR) with ATC COMS - Video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRO3BoBPRA

I was rather ambitious on what I wanted to review during this flight
of one being how to operate the King GPS for approaches.
Interestingly enough, that was the only thing I could not do since the
GPS was in-op in the plane.. So we did some air work in the practice
area and did one ILS approach.

Video includes outside the front, wing view, instrument view and
approach plate depiction on the instrument approach.

One hour flight time doesn't give much time to do everything I would
have like to have done (I am missing that privilege of ownership as
time was never a factor before) but do others do anything different
that maybe I should have done? Anything to improve what I did this
year?

CFI was great having me think about things out loud, giving tips plus
demo'd a hands off steep turn where we did two complete circles
without losing altitude. This was the CFI's first time ever doing a
BFR.

I'm probably one of a few that can honestly say they are current on
their "engine outs" landings so I didn't feel the need to work on
that.

COMMENTS MOST APPRECIATED from CFI's and pilots on this BFR here or on
the video.

Old August 18th 10, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On Aug 18, 8:09*am, Sam Spade wrote:
What's a Bi-Ennual Flight Review?

BFR
Old August 18th 10, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Moore

" wrote

On Aug 18, 8:09*am, Sam Spade wrote:
What's a Bi-Ennual Flight Review?

BFR

Hmmmm....I can't find "BFR" defined in the regs either.
Perhaps you guys are just refering to a "Flight Review".

Bob Moore
ATP CFII
Old August 18th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On Aug 18, 10:09*am, Bob Moore wrote:
" wrote

On Aug 18, 8:09*am, Sam Spade wrote:
What's a Bi-Ennual Flight Review?

BFR

Hmmmm....I can't find "BFR" defined in the regs either.
Perhaps you guys are just refering to a "Flight Review".

Bob Moore
ATP CFII

Every two years is considered "bi-ennial" (I mispelled it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biennial

Hence BFR.

That's the only way I have heard the flight review referred as but it
could be a regional thing?
Old August 18th 10, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bob Moore

" wrote
Every two years is considered "bi-ennial" (I mispelled it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biennial

Hence BFR.

That's the only way I have heard the flight review referred as but it
could be a regional thing?

Oh...OK...I guess that I get a BFP to renew my Medical Certificate.

Bob Moore

Old August 18th 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Brian Whatcott

On 8/18/2010 10:24 AM, wrote:
On Aug 18, 10:09 am, Bob wrote:
" wrote

On Aug 18, 8:09 am, Sam wrote:
What's a Bi-Ennual Flight Review?

BFR

Hmmmm....I can't find "BFR" defined in the regs either.
Perhaps you guys are just refering to a "Flight Review".

Bob Moore
ATP CFII

Every two years is considered "bi-ennial" (I mispelled it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biennial

Hence BFR.

That's the only way I have heard the flight review referred as but it
could be a regional thing?

Actually, your fans are gently chiding both your spelling of biennial
and noticing the recent change in terms from BFR to flight review in FAA
circles. Nobody is actually responding to your post?

Ah well: in a recent FR I did, there was WAY to much recovery from
impending stall/spins, and way too much need for braking on short/soft
field landings. In a C-150, I keep the weight off the nose as much as
possible - and currently, I am having my A&P replace the NW damper seals.

I learned to fly on grass, and demonstrated full spins to 3+ turns
each direction, for a private at that time....

Brian W