Looking for a donation of an old fuselage for anti-terrorism training

Old April 10th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Looking for a donation of an old fuselage for anti-terrorism training

Spread the word please:

I was at a meeting at Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey recently and
received a tour of their anti-terrorism and rescue facility. It's
really quite impressive. Amongst a lot of other really neat toys they
have an area with a couple of railroad cars, autos, etc. where the
various agencies (Federal, State and Local) practice anti-terrorism
tactics and rescue procedures under worst-case scenarios. One of the
people there mentioned they would love to get their hands on an
aircraft fuselage or two to expand their capabilities. I thought I
might be able to get them the remainder of the 182 that crashed at my
home airport but I was a week too late.

Please spread the word that they are in need of some clapped out, non-
airworthy fuselages. There is no need for engine, wings, instruments,
etc; just the shell.
They have no funding but are able to provide suitable documentation
that the donating person or company could take the value as a tax
deduction. This could be a god way to get rid of some old rust buckets
taking up space at an airport and not generating any revenue. Of
course, you would be helping the fight against terror and rescue
activities at the same time.

You can put my email address ) out for a contact. I
have nothing to do with Picatinny but would like to help them if I
can.

Please respond to my email as I cannot get into the Google groups as
frequently as I would like.
Old April 10th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 10, 8:09 am, "
wrote:
[...]

Imagine a Cub and the 'new sheriff' scene out of Blazing Saddles.

"Anybody moves and the pilot gets it!".

Anti-terrorism in a 182? Isn't that setting the bar a little low?
Not many terrorists on the ground with 125 PAX in a 182 these days.
Old April 10th 08, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 10, 9:31*am, wrote:

Imagine a Cub and the 'new sheriff' scene out of Blazing Saddles.

"Anybody moves and the pilot gets it!".

Anti-terrorism in a 182? *Isn't that setting the bar a little low?
Not many terrorists on the ground with 125 PAX in a 182 these days.- Hide quoted text -

True! They would love to have an airliner fuselage, but will be
grateful for whatever they could get.

Old April 10th 08, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

" wrote in news:4f76160d-f1af-
:

[...]

You could always wait for the price of gas to go up a few more cents.
Jay Honekc will crack andjunk his Cherokee then

Bertie

Old April 10th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

You might try the Mojave Boneyard for some old Convair 990 hulks. Not much
call for 990 parts these days and perhaps they might like the tax writeoff.

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

Old April 10th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 10, 6:09*am, "
wrote:
Spread the word please:

There are lots of shops in Arizona that sell airline bodys. Its not
likely they'll donate them but perhaps you could find a sponsor.

-robert

Old April 11th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:52:05 -0700 (PDT), "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

On Apr 10, 6:09*am, "
wrote:
Spread the word please:

There are lots of shops in Arizona that sell airline bodys. Its not
likely they'll donate them but perhaps you could find a sponsor.

Isn't there a military bone-yard at Davis Mountain in AZ? I believe
the government owns all the corroding hulks there. It would seem that
it would be a simple matter to get the USAF to donate a few for
another government agency.

Including 4-seet, single-engine aircraft in anti-terrorist training
not only sends the wrong message, it's ridiculous, IMO.

Old April 11th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 10, 4:51*pm, Larry Dighera wrote:

There are lots of shops in Arizona that sell airline bodys. Its not
likely they'll donate them but perhaps you could find a sponsor.

Isn't there a military bone-yard at Davis Mountain in AZ?

There are several aircraft junk yards that sell aircraft parts. To my
knowledge all the planes at Davis are mothballed (i.e. ready to fly in
something like 48 hours). Lots of great looking planes out there that
would be great fun to fly. I mentioned to my grandfather-in-law (who
lived out there) that it was sad to see all those planes just sitting
there when people like me could be flying them. He said "the boys
that would be flying those planes are out flying other planes". He was
a pretty cool old Army-Air corps dude. RIP.

-Robert