Must have aviation movies

Old January 23rd 04, 04:47 PM
Ian

Default Must have aviation movies

What are some "must have" movies that have an aviation theme in them? I
want to get a collection together and I was wanting some input from the
group.

Thanks
Old January 23rd 04, 05:04 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

I don't know if it qualifies as an 'aviation movie' but I like "Always"
with Richard Dreyfuss

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures complete with pictures and text at:
www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old January 23rd 04, 05:06 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Ian wrote:

What are some "must have" movies that have an aviation theme in them?

I like "The War Lover" with Steve McQueen.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 23rd 04, 05:10 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Ian" wrote in message
What are some "must have" movies that have an aviation theme in them? I
want to get a collection together and I was wanting some input from the
group.

Fighter Squadron
12 o'clock High
Gathering of Eagles
Strategic Air Command
Flight of the Phoenix
The Hunters
Jet Pilot
Airplane...okay, maybe not, along with those it satirizes*.
Flying Leathernecks
*Top Gun (....barf) & Hot Shots
Bridges at Toko Ri
Tuskegee Airmen
Captain Eddie

* Not a "Must Have".

Old January 23rd 04, 05:27 PM
Newps

Cecil E. Chapman wrote:

I don't know if it qualifies as an 'aviation movie' but I like "Always"
with Richard Dreyfuss

The A26 Tanker59 used in the movie is sitting on the field here in
Billings, next to its sister A26. Both for sale.

Old January 23rd 04, 05:33 PM
real_name

In article ,
Ian wrote:

What are some "must have" movies that have an aviation theme in them? I
want to get a collection together and I was wanting some input from the
group.

Thanks

(in no particular order and please forgive any spelling errors)

Top Gun
Tuskegee Airmen
12 Oclock High
Flight of the Pheonix
Strategic Air Command
Always
Aviator
Bat-21
The Battle of Britain
Memphis Belle

some marginal ones:

Blue Thunder
Flying Tigers
Old January 23rd 04, 05:37 PM
John Harlow

Ian wrote:
What are some "must have" movies that have an aviation theme in them?
I want to get a collection together and I was wanting some input from
the group.

"Airplane" - it's the only one worth watching.

Old January 23rd 04, 05:58 PM
Paul Sengupta

The Dambusters
633 Squadron
The Battle of Britain
Reach for the Sky
Aces High
Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines!

Old January 23rd 04, 06:03 PM
Big John

Tom

I hate to say it but I was in Jet Pilot.

Big John

Old January 23rd 04, 06:18 PM
Tune2828

on the same topic i just saw "6 days 7 nights" on cable last night.

pretty lame romantic comedy, but it portrayed the pilot as a off beat yet
responsible character - who even started to turn back before getting trapped in
bad weather.

i wonder if harrison ford (a pilot) had anything to do with it - i can see
him in a meeting saying "that's ridiculous" when a writer proposes a wing falls
off.