Best HD Video Camera for Flight Videos

Old February 13th 14, 08:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Best HD Video Camera for Flight Videos

Have you seen the stuff made by flight Flix cameras? Great flight videos too.

Www.flightflixcameras.com

Old February 13th 14, 12:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim - 77

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:32:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Have you seen the stuff made by flight Flix cameras? Great flight videos too.

Www.flightflixcameras.com

Wow!With the entry price at $1999.99 I would hope they are good.....seems like at that price their market would be very narrow.

I still love my old GoPro....have had it for several years and done a lot of in flight video...quality is great, camera is small etc

Jim
Old February 13th 14, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

What is the best camera for editing on a MAC iMovie, I always have a problem that some cameras are not compatible and requires you to convert.

On Monday, December 31, 2012 10:11:25 AM UTC-8, KiloKilo wrote:
I'm getting interested in taking some hd videos on XC missions ... is the GoPro Hero 3 considered the best camera for this type of project.

I've also been fooling with a new Video Editor called Power Director ... great app... much better then then older software I had before.

I re-reprocessed a file Evan Ludeman provided ... and I put a re-edited version on you tube. I don't think the base video is HD quality - and I used a stock audio track - but you can see how nice the transitions and other features work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMUGr...ature=youtu.be

KK

Old February 13th 14, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Replay XD, GoPro and Sony all work fine on my Mac in both iMovie and Final Cut Pro
Old February 14th 14, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:35:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:
What is the best camera for editing on a MAC iMovie, I always have a problem that some cameras are not compatible and requires you to convert.

All of the GoPro type action video cameras output an MP4 file type. The Mac software works easily with these files.
Old February 15th 14, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Anybody used the Garmin Vibe yet?
Old February 15th 14, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Garmin Vide looks great, automatically can overlay split screen nav mapping, etc. the camera itself is quite large and not as many accessories choices.