Harmon Rocket II questions

Old November 1st 05, 02:04 PM
Jason Grass

Default Harmon Rocket II questions

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:00:32 -0800, Ron Wanttaja
wrote:

It was originally in "Top Gun". Aimed at Maverick, not Iceman.

http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/48252/topgun04.wav

Ron Wanttaja

That was the original movie, but not in the "new" skit done by Val
Kilmer. He's an airline pilot 15 years later, and keeps calling his
co-pilot and flight engineer "dangerous".
Old November 1st 05, 02:08 PM
Jason Grass

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 00:23:49 -0800, Bashir Salamati
wrote:

You're leaving out when you were Flavored Coffe Guy and wanted to
build your own UFO, or when you were ManofSan and wanted to use sound
waves for attached flow and electric motors for helicopters. And when
you were Bret Lugwig and you had your halucination you were FAA
commissioner and could change all the FARs. Or when you were smitty 2
and thought that bullets fired backwards from a tailgun would fall
harmlessly to earth. What's your schedule, about once a week?

Flavored Coffee guy, man of san, Bret Lugwig, and Smitty 2 were not
me. They were some other humorous fellows. But hey, I get tired of
reading endless pot shots at Zoom. Not that I'm on his side or
anything. But it does seem to be the "only" area of levity this
groups' regulars seem to be able to try and not be so serious about.

Old November 1st 05, 02:50 PM
Smitty Two

In article ,
Bashir Salamati wrote:

Or when you were smitty 2
and thought that bullets fired backwards from a tailgun would fall
harmlessly to earth.

Hey, leave me out of this. I'm me, so please don't be associating me
with anyone else, crackpot or otherwise. And to which of my posts on the
tailgunner topic are you referring, anyway? I thought we had agreed on
that one, finally, after a few of you insisted on turning the topic into
one of semantics instead of logic?

An aside to the OP, whoever he is, the trouble with a dry sense of humor
in written form is that it takes a great deal of skill to write dry
humor. It's much easier to speak it. And, if you throw in one of those
idiotic emoticons so that people won't mistake your comments for
hostility or sarcasm or ignorance or stupidity, then you're smiling at
yourself, which wets that dry humor right down. Quite a dilemma.
Old November 1st 05, 02:55 PM
Smitty Two

In article ,
Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
Bashir Salamati wrote:

Or when you were smitty 2
and thought that bullets fired backwards from a tailgun would fall
harmlessly to earth.

Hey, leave me out of this. I'm me, so please don't be associating me
with anyone else, crackpot or otherwise. And to which of my posts on the
tailgunner topic are you referring, anyway? I thought we had agreed on
that one, finally, after a few of you insisted on turning the topic into
one of semantics instead of logic?

An aside to the OP, whoever he is, the trouble with a dry sense of humor
in written form is that it takes a great deal of skill to write dry
humor. It's much easier to speak it. And, if you throw in one of those
idiotic emoticons so that people won't mistake your comments for
hostility or sarcasm or ignorance or stupidity, then you're smiling at
yourself, which wets that dry humor right down. Quite a dilemma.

Correction: Not the OP of the subject line, just the OP of this fork,
Jason.
Old November 1st 05, 10:24 PM
Morgans

"Jason Grass" wrote

Intelligent, but no sense of humor, hmm. yes I know the type.

You just don't get it. YOU may think you are funny, but that is where it
ends. You are about as funny as a screen door in a submarine!
--
Jim in NC

Old November 1st 05, 11:55 PM
Jason Grass

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 17:24:52 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Jason Grass" wrote

Intelligent, but no sense of humor, hmm. yes I know the type.

You just don't get it. YOU may think you are funny, but that is where it
ends. You are about as funny as a screen door in a submarine!

If I'm laughing, I'm happy, I really don't care what the rest of you
are doing.
Old November 2nd 05, 01:46 AM
Jason Grass

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:35:24 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

Ahh, I see. You're part of the "ME" generation. Self gratification, at the
expense of all others around you. Yep, that fits you about right. Once
again, you have shown that you are not part of the group here.

Move on. I know I am.

Oh I'll be around when I need some information about one of my
homebuilts. And with another name of course. Use the group for what
it's for, good info about homebuilt parts and techniques. Then when I
get the info I need, I dissappear until the next time. Really not
interested in using it as a morning coffee club on a daily basis like
a lot of the users do.

Old November 3rd 05, 04:03 PM
Richard Lamb

Never wrassle with a pig, Jerry...

Old November 4th 05, 11:21 AM
Ian Donaldson

Never wrassle with a pig,

You will both get dirty but the pig will like it!

Ian