A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

New Video - Oudie Weather & SeeYou Maps

Old June 15th 19, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde
external usenet poster

Default New Video - Oudie Weather & SeeYou Maps

Hi,

NEW VIDEO - Oudie Weather & SeeYou Maps
Details: http://cumulus-soaring.com/training.htm#Naviter

Owners of Naviter Oudies now have free access to detailed "SeeYou Maps" (high resolution terrain maps) and weather forecast maps for display on their Oudies in flight. The Naviter Updater makes it easy to load the maps into Oudie before flight. This video shows how to setup your SeeYou.Cloud account using a web browser, how to use the Naviter Updater program to transfer the maps, and how to access the maps on the Oudie.

A current SeeYou-Upgrade subscription is required to access these features. Please order yours through Cumulus Soaring, Inc. he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyo...SeeYou-Upgrade

To use the weather maps a SkySight subscription is required. Please order yours using the link he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/skysight.htm

You can rent the video for $3 for one month, or buy it forever for $10, or rent the entire 90+ videos in the Soaring Product Training video series for a year for $60.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
Old June 15th 19, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 7:26:24 AM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

Owners of Naviter Oudies now have free access to detailed "SeeYou Maps" (high resolution terrain maps) and weather forecast maps for display on their Oudies in flight. The Naviter Updater makes it easy to load the maps into Oudie before flight. This video shows how to setup your SeeYou.Cloud account using a web browser, how to use the Naviter Updater program to transfer the maps, and how to access the maps on the Oudie.

A current SeeYou-Upgrade subscription is required to access these features. Please order yours through Cumulus Soaring, Inc. he

To use the weather maps a SkySight subscription is required. Please order yours using the link he

You can rent the video for $3 for one month, or buy it forever for $10, or rent the entire 90+ videos in the Soaring Product Training video series for a year for $60.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

I assume this is SeeYou Mobile Oudie not Oudie Lite with XC Soar?
Old June 16th 19, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde
external usenet poster

Hi,

Yes. The SkySight support for Oudie works only with SeeYou Mobile on an Oudie in with XCSoar. It also does not work with SeeYou Mobile on a non-Oudie product.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 2:31:12 PM UTC-5, Dan Daly wrote:
On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 7:26:24 AM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

I assume this is SeeYou Mobile Oudie not Oudie Lite with XC Soar?

Old June 17th 19, 12:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark
external usenet poster

Does use of Skysight on an Oudie use up one of the three devices my Skysight sub entities me to use it on? (I want it on phone tablet and pc.)

What happens if you try to add more devices?
Old June 17th 19, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 7:24:38 AM UTC-4, waremark wrote:
Does use of Skysight on an Oudie use up one of the three devices my Skysight sub entities me to use it on? (I want it on phone tablet and pc.)

You seem interested in this. So let me ask: what's the value here? I honestly don't understand why anyone wants hours old forecasts in the cockpit.

T8
Old June 17th 19, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 1:24:38 PM UTC+2, waremark wrote:

What happens if you try to add more devices?

Short answer, yes it 'uses up' your devices.
Long answer, we're only looking for account sharing/abuse when we check the device limit. Unless we see three oudie's and two mobile phones in different locations logged into an account, there won't be a problem; and if we think there is a problem, we'll write to you.
Old June 17th 19, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, 17 June 2019 13:51:31 UTC+2, Tango Eight wrote:
On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 7:24:38 AM UTC-4, waremark wrote:

You seem interested in this. So let me ask: what's the value here? I honestly don't understand why anyone wants hours old forecasts in the cockpit.

Old June 18th 19, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]
external usenet poster

Mathew I just started using skysight with LXNAV connect recently and so far find it helpful. They are few issues though, some of them I suspect or on the LXNAV side (the convergence data and the satellite data don’t seem to remain cached through the flight unless I reconnect with a cel signal mid flight, I suspect this is an LXNAV issue) but one thing I noticed in my last flight is a discrepancy between the parameter I choose to what was displayed. I choose the cloud base parameter which suppose to show where the clouds are predicted, but what I was seeing during the flight was either top of thermals or cloud base regardless of cu potential, in other words there was color everywhere vs what the web browser was showing.

Ramy
Old June 18th 19, 07:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Yeah you'll need to contact LXNAV for device issues - I only have visibility up until the forecast data leaves our servers. They have been updating it with new functionality and fixes quite rapidly.
Old June 20th 19, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.
external usenet poster

Will the Skysight map integration be available on LK8000 ?

Thanks