Salto Tooling.

Old December 17th 09, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Salto Tooling.

After Mrs Hanle's death earlier this year I was wondering who ended up
with the production moulds and tooling for the Salto?

Any one know where it is these days?

Cheers

Al
Old December 17th 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
stephanevdv

The 5 last Saltos were built by Frank & Waldenberger.

Luftfahrttechnischer Betrieb LBA NR.II A 264
Dieter Frank und Gustav Waldenberger GmbH
In der Kühweid 1a
76661 Philippsburg - Huttenheim
Tel.: 07256/4807
Fax.: 07256/4809
Hotline: 0171/5158282 oder 0170/2435310
email:info[at]frankundwaldenberger.de

They probably still possess the toolings and production rights.
However, Saltos are no longer in production with them. They were too
expensive to produce and the five built by F&W had to be sold at a
loss.
Old December 17th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Al, if you can get the tooling I'd be glad to help you figure out how
to make them out of carbon...
Old December 17th 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 17, 8:16*am, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
Al, if you can get the tooling I'd be glad to help you figure out how
to make them out of carbon...

reading my mind there Bob.
Old December 17th 09, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 08:16:07 -0800 (PST), Bob Kuykendall
wrote:

Al, if you can get the tooling I'd be glad to help you figure out how
to make them out of carbon...

If you are really interested in the tooling, I cold probably get them
for you.

But a warning in advance:
A Salto needs a lot of work to build... I was working there when
Frank&Waldenberger started the 2nd series...

Cheers
Andreas

Bye
Andreas
Old December 17th 09, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:
Al, if you can get the tooling I'd be glad to help you figure out how
to make them out of carbon...

If you are really interested in the tooling, I cold probably get them
for you.

But a warning in advance:
A Salto needs a lot of work to build... I was working there when
Frank&Waldenberger started the 2nd series...

Cheers
Andreas

Bye
Andreas

Andrea email me direct lets talk.

Cheers

Al
Old December 18th 09, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy[_7_]

So Al.....
You are going to make Saltos in your basement just like Mrs. Hanle?
Going to hire unemployed aeronautical engineers to do the layups in
your basement?
Use the hot tub for a curing oven?
Certify your all carbon Saltos for +/- 10G?
All for $30,000?
Control system and canopy are extra?

Sign me up.
Guy
Old December 18th 09, 06:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:
Al, if you can get the tooling I'd be glad to help you figure out how
to make them out of carbon...

If you are really interested in the tooling, I cold probably get them
for you.

But a warning in advance:
A Salto needs a lot of work to build... I was working there when
Frank&Waldenberger started the 2nd series...

Cheers
Andreas

Bye
Andreas

Andreas,
How many people were needed to build Salto in what time span?
Was the cost of materials about $10-15 thousand or more?

Andre
Old December 18th 09, 06:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:
Al, if you can get the tooling I'd be glad to help you figure out how
to make them out of carbon...

If you are really interested in the tooling, I cold probably get them
for you.

But a warning in advance:
A Salto needs a lot of work to build... I was working there when
Frank&Waldenberger started the 2nd series...

Cheers
Andreas

Bye
Andreas

Andrea email me direct lets talk.

Cheers

Al- Hide quoted text -

Hi Al,
This would be nice project.
Where are you located?

Andre

Jet powered Salto Bob C[_2_] Soaring 0 August 8th 08 02:40 PM
Salto [email protected] Soaring 5 November 2nd 06 02:26 PM
Airframe finishing and tooling nondem Home Built 10 May 26th 06 02:15 AM
10 Sailplane Kits Tooling and Manufacture Rights For Sale MavrikChat Soaring 0 April 23rd 04 02:53 AM
UAL Aircraft Tooling For Sale!! Priced well below market!! Scott Pirong Products 0 April 21st 04 02:29 PM