"Priceless" in Afghanistan

Old February 28th 04, 02:47 PM
Pechs1

admin- Power to weight.

Maximum Takeoff Weight: 477,000 pounds (216,634 kilograms)
Weight: Empty, approximately 190,000 pounds (86,183 kilograms)
Thrust: 30,000-plus pounds with afterburner, BRBR
Empty weight still exceeds the engine thrust BRBR

Just go faster before you pull up. With your numbers, no A/C could do a loop,
and of course many do. In the F-4, about 36,000 pounds of thrust in A/B, in an
A/C that weighed about 34,000 pounds empty but did loops and straight ups and
downs all the time, weighing 50,000 pounds or so.

Energy management.

P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old February 28th 04, 02:48 PM
Pechs1

admin- How about structural. As I said, it has to fly. Fighters and Missiles
go
straight up. The B-1 is Fuge BRBR

Okay, where are all the SAC guys...can a B-1B do a loop?
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old February 28th 04, 02:52 PM
Pechs1

admin- You assume incorrectly. The fact remains that the B-1B is not
designed for
a 90 degree vertical unless you like smacking the ground and spreading
yourself over a country mile. BRBR

Doesn't that thing do over the shoulder nuke deliveries? Pull up, throw nuke
out, continue over the top, 1/2 cuban 8 type thing, accel and run like hell???

I'll bet it does...
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old February 28th 04, 02:54 PM
Pechs1

Paul- Bob Hover,

Boeing 727,

Loop. BRBR

Now THAT'S priceless. Saw him do his show in an AeroCommander, truly amazing,
engine off loops and such..
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old February 28th 04, 04:16 PM

"Admin" wrote:

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
.. .
"Admin" wrote:

"Tosser" wrote in message

"Admin" wrote in message

Why can't a B-1 go straight up (for however short a time)?...if
it can do a 60 deg attitude then are you telling us that it
cannot go another 30 deg?....why not?...

Power to weight.

According to the story, all that mass was going *supersonic*, FFS.

You don't lose that amount of inertia in the blink of an eye .....

No but going completely vertical at the blink of an eye, you do lose your
wings.

WTF does that mean?...you didn't go to 60 degrees instantly did
you?...why must you go to 90 instantly?...

I just like to have two good wings on any AC I happen to be on at the time.
There is enough escapes on the B-1 but not on all AC. But I guess we need
to be overtaxing our Airframes on a daily basis so we can test them out once
in awhile.

Well, there you go...
--

-Gord.
Old February 28th 04, 04:17 PM

"Tosser" wrote:

"Admin" wrote in message

Why can't a B-1 go straight up (for however short a time)?...if
it can do a 60 deg attitude then are you telling us that it
cannot go another 30 deg?....why not?...

Power to weight.

According to the story, all that mass was going *supersonic*, FFS.

You don't lose that amount of inertia in the blink of an eye .....

What ARE you talking about?...

He's talking about flight. Something you don't know too much about.

I see...
--

-Gord.
Old February 29th 04, 03:28 AM
John Carrier

Two utterly different issues.

1. BRAC. Someone posted a question. I posted a pretty good reply and
hoped to stir some interest. Result: NADA. We can run a thread for days
about bull****, but a pretty significant issue that will effect many
individuals and military readiness .... nada. Sigh.

2. Shimano. Heard they've run Branford Bike out of the Shimano
distribution business. Hmmm.

R / John X
Still alive (till BRAC 2005) in rural MS