Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

Old December 28th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Al G" wrote in message

"Deaf2u" wrote in message
http://www.global-air.com/global/g05229.htm

Could it be?? You'd think he'd at least fly it once. Or watch it fly.
What's the story here Juan?

358 lbs. Pretty Good. Is that "ready to fly"? I.E. a Basic Operating
Weight?

Yes. I dropped 80 lbs thanks to a model Microturbo t...

Hmm, never heard of that before, is it anything like the
Purina diet?

--

FF

Old December 28th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

wrote in message
ups.com...

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message

I guess we could build one out of Balsa and go for the record seeing
how
it
doesn't need to fly to get the record.Heh Heh how about a Scale RC
turbo
jet
model of an F-15 I seen one fly. Beats yawn on 2 counts ,it's smaller
and
it
flys .

Sorry, ChuckSteak, but it has to carry a human being. You don't rate the
privilege.

But it doesn't have to ever leave the ground while carrying a
human being right?

Ask Marco. He'll set you straight.

Old December 28th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

wrote in message
ups.com...

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Al G" wrote in message

"Deaf2u" wrote in message
http://www.global-air.com/global/g05229.htm

Could it be?? You'd think he'd at least fly it once. Or watch it fly.
What's the story here Juan?

358 lbs. Pretty Good. Is that "ready to fly"? I.E. a Basic Operating
Weight?

Yes. I dropped 80 lbs thanks to a model Microturbo t...

Hmm, never heard of that before, is it anything like the Purina diet?

Wouldn't know, you're the one who married a dog, go ask her.

Old December 29th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 14:23:19 -0400, "Juan Jimenez"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Al G" wrote in message

"Deaf2u" wrote in message
http://www.global-air.com/global/g05229.htm

Could it be?? You'd think he'd at least fly it once. Or watch it
fly.
What's the story here Juan?

358 lbs. Pretty Good. Is that "ready to fly"? I.E. a Basic Operating
Weight?

Yes. I dropped 80 lbs thanks to a model Microturbo t...

Hmm, never heard of that before, is it anything like the Purina diet?

Wouldn't know, you're the one who married a dog, go ask her.

Juan, you're forgetting the smilie faces at the end of your insults,
you vacuous, toffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert

Oh, lord, now I have a secretary. chuckle

Old December 29th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Juan Jimenez wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Juan Jimenez wrote:

Sorry, ChuckSteak, but it has to carry a human being. You don't rate the
privilege.

But it doesn't have to ever leave the ground while carrying a
human being right?

Ask Marco. He'll set you straight.

How about if instead of asking Marco myself, I trust you and accept
what you wrote he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...d2bfabf?hl=en&
"Marco knows it had not flown when the record application was
submitted "?

Now, keeping in mind that opinion is like flatulence,
in that everyone has it and everyone thinks everyone
else's stinks worse than their own, IMHO, it takes more
than a bit of chutzpah to submit a claim for the world's
smallest/lightest/shortest/whatever human piloted
jet aircraft, when the aircraft in question has never flown.

But to accept, such a claim, as Guiness has, is just plain
stupid. And that is their problem, not yours.

The way I look at it, if the plane doesn't have to fly to hold the
record that guy with the jet-powered Cri-Cri could just lop
off a little from each (or only one!) wing and the nose and
take the record away from your BD5. Then you could do
the same and take it back. The two of you could keep that
up until all that is left of each of your planes is a seat
duct taped onto an engine. At that point I think the
Cri-Cri would win, having the smaller engine.

During that process, it would never be clear exactly
when either plane ceased to qualify as a human-piloted
jet aircraft, so I would think that it would only be reasonable
to include, as a condition for the record, a stipulation that
the plane leave the ground under it's own power, while
carrying a human pilot.

Then we could argue over whether or not it left ground effect.

--

FF

Old December 29th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

wrote:
Juan Jimenez wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Juan Jimenez wrote:

[...]

Gee, now yawn will have to put you in your place with a childish
remark. Brace yourself.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old December 29th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Dan" wrote in message
Juan Jimenez wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Juan Jimenez wrote:

[...]

Geez, got me a volunteer secretary now. And a free one, too. Thanks for
taking care of that for me.

Old December 29th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
anon

So, in an assignment in which you were tasked to help people, you helped
people? To what extent did you place yourself at risk in this mission?

Tell you what, if you ever grow balls large enough, go check the records
of SOES, circa 1979 through 1981, at MCAS Cherry Point. In fact, check out
the records of a medevac mission in 1981 involving a mom who had just
given birth and was hemorraging, and the preemie to which she had just
given birth. Then check out the comments of the (at the time, double-digit
midget) Vietnam-vet crew chief on the aircraft that took them from Cherry
Point to the main hospital at Lejeune.